Items Query Language (IQL)
Items Query Language (IQL) is a language which allows you to build item filters for your search and recommendation requests.
This guide describes how to build query strings used in SDK and API calls. If you want to learn about building the same filters by using the Synerise Application’s GUI, see the User Guide.
- The filters built in the Synerise Applications are embedded in recommendation campaigns.
- The filters included in SDK and API calls can replace the campaign’s embedded filters or are combined with them.
A query string consists of the following elements:
- Item filters are the basic blocks which compare an items’ attributes with values.
- Context (optional) is a client or item(s) whose attributes can be used as the value to compare the attribute with.
- Functions (optional) manipulate the attribute values. There’s also a special ALL/NONE function.
- Logic (optional) is built with AND/OR/IF statements and the NOT operator.
Logical operators allow you to add relations between filters
Validate and test IQL
You can use the validation endpoint to validate your filter and preview its results