To create an expression based on mathematical formulas or calculations that becomes a customer attribute, follow the procedure.
- A tracking code implemented into the website.
Creating an expression
- Go to Analytics > Expressions > New expression.
- To let other users know about the purpose of the expression, you can add a short description to it.
- To select the type of expression you want to create, click the icon.
- From the dropdown list, select Attribute. In practice it means that you can use this expression in different types of analyses (for example, aggregates, funnels, and more).
- To start creating the formula of the expression, click the Select button.
- You can choose one of four elements: customer, constant, dynamic key, or a function.
- To define the settings of the chosen element, click that element.
- In case you choose a customer, from the Choose attribute dropdown, select the customer attribute you want to include in the formula.
- In case you choose a constant, type the number or text (users can write a number in words,
- In case you choose a dynamic key, type in the key name (the ID of the key, for example
orderID) and its default value. The default value will be replaced with the target one indicated in, for example, the request for expression result (when you request the expression result through Synerise Analytics API).
- Define the dependencies between the elements in the expression by selecting the mathematical operators.
- To complete creating the expression, click Save.