Geoanalytics in Synerise allow you to analyze customers from a specific area that you can dynamically mark on a map. This is helpful when creating segments of people you want to send specific messages to them, based on their specific location.
Thanks to geoanalytics you have the opportunity to make better decisions related to the location of customers by applying advanced analytical capabilities to data about the location of your customers. Also, you can better leverage the increasing volume of location-related data. Thanks to this, an extended analysis of customer data will allow you to make better decisions that will help you boost your revenues.
- The ability to check how many of your clients are in a specific region.
- The ability to estimate which region is best for a promotion for a specific products.
- The possibility of identifying clients from a specific region and sending them specific personalized message.
In Synerise you can create geoanalytics in the Analytics module. In this part we will show you how to do it in a few simple steps. In order to set up a new geoanalytic, go to Analytics > Geoanalytics.
In this module you can see a map based on your current location. Of course you can choose any location you want. To create a segment based on people in a specific location you have to follow a few steps:
- Choose the place on the map.
- Create the segment.
- Compare more locations (optional).
- Save the segment.
After choosing geoanalytics in the Analytics module, you will be able to see a map of your current location.
- Choose the Add location option below the map to mark the location you are interested in.
- Write the name of the location in the box on the upper right side.
- Mark the location on the map. You can change the measure if you want to extend or narrow the range.
- Click Go to analytics to build a segment.
Create the segment
- Add the main name for the segment, which will be visible on the list of all segments.
- Add a description to clarify the goal for each step.
- Preview the analytics. Using this option lets you check how many of your clients are in this specific location. Just click the Preview analyze button.
- You can add more steps and create a funnel. In this way you can establish the activities that people from this location should complete in order to be in this segment. You can add as many steps as you want and put them in a specific order. To do this click Add funnel step below.
- Add more conditions - You can also narrow your segment and build more advanced conditions. To do this, click Choose filter and select the conditions; event, tag, attribute or aggregate.
Compare more locations
You can choose more than one location and compare the number of clients there or just compare customers from the same location but based on different activities. To do this:
- Click the tab with the location chosen earlier.
- Go to another tab and Add changes (different conditions or different location).
- Click Preview to see a comparison between segments.
Preview the segment
In Preview, you can see the total number of users in a given location. When you add conditions to your segment, you will also find the number of users who met them.
- You can always come back to the editor and change your settings.
Saving the segment
- When your segment is ready you can save it. Click the Save & Exit button on the upper-right side of the screen.
Example of use
Create segments based on geoanalytics
Using geoanalytics, we can recognize customers in a particular location range. You can divide your customers based on their location.
In this case you want to create segments for users who are close to your store locations.
- Using histograms, create a range around your location.
- Click Go to analytics button.
Now you can create segments for your geoanalytics:
- You can add more events in specific order, called steps. It can be as above - page visits, etc.
- If you want to, you can add more conditions for users from specific locations using filters.
- Choose if users should meet specific conditions (in our case, yes).
- Preview analyze to check how many people are in the segment.
- When you Save your geoanalytics, you can use the segment in your marketing communication. For example, you can send them information about discounts in a shop in a specific location.
Benefits from this use case
- The advantage of geoanalytics is the possibility of creating dynamic segments based on customer location.
- You can notify clients that you have a special offer for them in their nearest local shop.
1. What happens when customers change their place of residence?
The segments in Synerise are dynamic. If the user change the location to another city or even a different country, he will be automatically removed from the previous segment. If he starts appearing in the same city again he will be added again without any additional action.