Creating formula metrics
If you need to prepare an analysis on the basis of mathematical operations on events or customer attributes, you need to create a formula metric. The value is always expressed as a numerical value.
A tracking code implemented into your website.
Creating a formula metric
- Go to Analytics > Metrics > New metric.
- Enter a name of the metric.
- Optionally, to let other users know about the purpose of the metric, you can write a short description.
- Choose Formula metric.
- To start creating a mathematical operation, click the Select button.
- You can choose one of four elements: customer attribute, event, number or a function.
- To define the settings of the chosen element, click this element.
- If you chose an event, perform the following steps:
- To choose the context of data analyzed in the metric, next to the Type option, click the arrow. You can analyze events or customers.
- To choose the type of results, next to the Aggregator option, click the arrow. For example, you can count the number of event occurrences, calculate their minimal, maximal, quantile including median, or average value, or check whether the event exists.
- To define the type of occurrence, next to the Occurrence type option, click the arrow. This way you can count the first, the last or all occurrences of a chosen event.
- From the dropdown list, select an event. Customers who performed a specific action (that triggers the selected event) are considered in the analysis. To define the details of the event, perform one or two actions described below:
- If you want to narrow down the scope of customers, click the Enable filter option. This client filter works as an additional condition a customer has to meet in order to be counted in the metric.
- If you want to be more specific and analyze a particular aspect of the event, select event parameters by clicking the Where button.
- To add another element, click the plus button.
- To define the mathematical operation between the elements, click the plus button.
- To determine the time range from which the data will be analyzed, click the calendar. Confirm the settings by clicking Apply.
- To complete the process, click the Save button.