Creating simple metrics
To prepare a simple analysis of events or customers, you need to create a simple metric. The metric results are presented as a numerical value.
A tracking code implemented into your website.
Creating a simple metric
- Go to Analytics > Metrics > New metric.
- Enter the name of the metric.
- Optionally, to let other users know about the purpose of the metric, you can write a short description.
- Choose Simple metric.
- To choose the context of data analyzed in the metric, next to the Type option, click the arrow. You can analyze events or customers.
- To choose the type of results, next to the Aggregator option, click the arrow. For example, you can count the number of event occurrences, calculate their minimal, maximal or average value, or check whether such event occurrence exists.
- To define the type of occurrence, next to the option Occurrence type, click the arrow. This way you can count the first, the last or all occurrences of a chosen event.
- From the dropdown list, select an event (or a customer attribute). Customers who performed a specific action (that triggers the selected event) are considered in the analysis. To define the details of the event, perform one or two actions described below:
- If you want to narrow down the scope of customers, click the Enable filter option. This client filter works as an additional condition a customer has to meet in order to be counted in the metric.
- If you want to be more specific and analyze a particular aspect of the event, select event parameters by clicking the Where button.
- To determine the time range from which the data is analyzed, click the calendar. Confirm your choice with the Apply button.
- Optionally, you can preview the results, before you save the metric. To see the metric preview, click the Preview analyze button. If you want to go back from preview to editing mode, click the Edit Condition button.
- To complete the process, click the Save button.