Metric Filter node
This condition allows splitting paths of a scenario in two. The result of the metric decides which path is continued.
- You must implement a tracking code into your website.
- You must create a metric to be used in the automation process.
- Click the pencil icon.
Result: A pop-up opens.
- From the Define condition dropdown, select the metric or create a new one.
Read more about creating metrics.
- Select a mathematical symbol.
- In the next field, enter the value of the metric.
- If the condition met, the
matchedpath is continued. If not, then the
not matchedpath is selected.
- If you want to monitor the entries into this step, switch the Track datapoints toggle on. As a result, events related to the movement between nodes (
automation.clientPathStep) will be available in the Analytics module to use. These events (
automation.startPath) are displayed on the activity list on the client card regardless of the configuration of this option.
- Confirm by clicking Apply.
Example of use
- It starts with a Client Event trigger node. In the trigger settings, a transaction amount is defined at over 100$.
- The Metric Filter contains a metric that counts the number of emails with a discount code. The critical value entered in the condition is 1000.
- Then the customer proceeds to action:
- If the value defined in the condition is not exceeded, the customer follows the path in which the email with voucher code is sent.
- If the value defined in the condition is exceeded, the customer receives an email with information that the voucher pool just run out.
- When an email is sent, the process is completed.