Metric Filter node
This condition allows splitting paths of a scenario in two. The result of the metric decides which path is continued.
- You must implement a tracking code into your website.
- You must create a metric to be used in the automation process.
- Click the pencil icon.
Result: A pop-up opens.
- From the Define condition dropdown, select the metric or create a new one.
Read more about creating metrics.
- Select a mathematical symbol.
- In the next field, enter the value of the metric.
- If the condition met, the
matchedpath is continued. If not, then the
not matchedpath is selected.
you want to monitor the entries into this step, switch the Track datapoints toggle on. As a result, they will be displayed on the client card as an event (
automation.clientPathStep) and you can use these events to create any analysis in the Analytics module.
- Confirm by clicking Apply.
Example of use
- It starts with a Client Event trigger node. In the trigger settings, a transaction amount is defined at over 100$.
- The Metric Filter contains a metric that counts the number of emails with a discount code. The critical value entered in the condition is 1000.
- Then the customer proceeds to action:
- If the value defined in the condition is not exceeded, the customer follows the path in which the email with voucher code is sent.
- If the value defined in the condition is exceeded, the customer receives an email with information that the voucher pool just run out.
- When an email is sent, the process is completed.