Edit values node
Editing value is a basic action that you can perform on the data set. It lets you add a suffix, prefix, and replace values.
- Double-click the Edit value node.
- Click Add rule.
- Select the columns which you want to include or exclude in the rule.
- Select one of three options:
- Add prefix - Adds a string to the beginning of every value in a column.
- Add suffix - Adds a string to the end of every value in a column.
- Value - Searches values that match conditions and replaces these values with those you indicate
- Column - Searches values that match conditions and replaces these values with the values from a column you select
- UUID - fills the column with a generated UUID v4 (unique for each row).
- Current date - fills the column with the current date (the date and time are generated on an ongoing basis during the transformation).
- To add more rules, click Add rule and repeat steps from 2 to 5.
- Before you save the settings, you can check the preview of the file after changes in the Output data tab.
- Confirm by clicking Apply.
Current date option
Using Current date option you can to enrich your data with dynamic injected date and time which can be used, for example, to build an event salt. To define rule with Current date you have to:
- Select timezone.
- Select one of available formats:
- ISO (eg. 2022-10-05T05:55:16.786596Z)
- Timestamp (eg. 1664949342323)
- MMM d, YYYY (eg. Oct 5, 2022)
- MMM d, YYYY, HH:mm:ss (eg. Oct 5, 2022, 05:57:14)
- YYYY-MM-dd HH:mm (eg. 2022-10-05 05:57)
- Custom - you can create your own date and time format
Custom date format
Here are some examples how to build custom format, using October 05, 2022:
MMM - name of month (Oct) MM - number of month (10) DD - day of year (278) dd - day of month (05) YYYY - year (2022) YY - year (22)
Example of use
In example transformation
+48 is removed from all values in a given column.
- Start the transformation with the Data Input node.
- Click the node.
- Upload a sample file used to configure the transformation for later use and preview its results.
- Confirm the configuration of the node by clicking Apply.
- Add the Edit Values node.
- Double-click the node.
- Select the column to be transformed.
- Replace all values that begin with
+48in the selected column with an empty value.
- Confirm the changes by clicking Apply.
- Add the Data Output node.
- In the preview of the Data Output node, all values in the column that began with
+48are transformed and the
+48value was removed.