Edit values node
Editing value is a basic action that you can perform on the data set. It lets you add a suffix, prefix, and replace values.
- Double-click the Edit value node.
- Click Add rule.
- Select the columns which you want to include or exclude in the rule.
- Select one of three options:
- Add prefix - Adds a string to the beginning of every value in a column.
- Add suffix - Adds a string to the end of every value in a column.
- Replace - Searches values that match conditions and replaces these values with those you indicate or the values from a column you select.
- To add more rules, click Add rule and repeat steps from 2 to 5.
- Before you save the settings, you can check the preview of the file after changes in the Output data tab.
- Confirm by clicking Apply.
Example of use
In example transformation
+48 is removed from all values in a given column.
- Start the transformation with the Data Input node.
- Click the node.
- Upload a sample file used to configure the transformation for later use and preview its results.
- Confirm the configuration of the node by clicking Apply.
- Add the Edit Values node.
- Double-click the node.
- Select the column to be transformed.
- Replace all values that begin with
+48in the selected column with an empty value.
- Confirm the changes by clicking Apply.
- Add the Data Output node.
- In the preview of the Data Output node, all values in the column that began with
+48are transformed and the
+48value was removed.