In order to have customers wait for some time before passing through the subsequent step in the workflow, you can use the Delay node.
- Click the icon on the node after which you want to have the Delay node.
Result: A dropdown list opens.
- From the dropdown list, select Delay.
- Click the pencil icon to go to the node settings.
Result: A pop-up opens.
- Define how long the customers are put on hold between steps.
you want to monitor the entries into this step, switch the Track datapoints toggle on. As a result, events related to the movement between nodes (
automation.clientPathStep) will be available in the Analytics module to use. These events (
automation.startPath) are displayed on the activity list on the client card regardless of the configuration of this option.
- To confirm the settings, click Apply.
Example of use
This workflow sends an email containing products added to the cart as a result of not purchasing them.
- It starts with the Client Event trigger node. In the settings of the trigger, select the
- As the next step of the workflow, add the Delay node and set it to 5 hours.
- Add the Client Filter node and create a segmentation which checks whether the customer made a purchase while being on hold for 5 hours.
- If a customer didn’t make a purchase, the system sends emails with products from the cart. If a customer did buy the products, they won’t continue the workflow.
- When the email is sent, the workflow is completed.