Merge Paths node
This node can be used for two purposes:
- In case of split paths, it merges them back into one main path.
- It works as a limiter. It gathers data from the preceding node, combines data repetition into one item and limits the number of passages a customer can go through the Merge Paths node.
No configuration of the node is needed.
Example of use
The purpose of this automation is to divide the recipients into two groups to compare the effectiveness of email templates. Group A receives a standard version of the newsletter, whereas Group B receives an experimental version. At the end of the process, customers are assigned a tag.
- Start the workflow with the Audience trigger node. In the trigger settings, define the recipients of the email.
- Add the ABx Test condition. In the settings of the condition, divide the audience. Group A consists of 80% of the whole audience, whereas Group B consists of the remaining 20% and receives the experimental version.
- After an email is sent to customers, the two paths are joined with the Merge Paths node.
- Recipients of the email are tagged.
- When the tag is assigned, the workflow ends.