Optimize time node
To improve the results of marketing activities, let the AI engine calculate the optimal time for interacting with each customer.
Make sure that time optimizer is enabled.
On the node after which you want to add Optimize time node, click the icon. Result: A dropdown list opens.
In the list, double-click the Optimize time node. Result: A pop-up opens.
From the AI optimization method dropdown list, select one of the modes which calculate the optimal time for performing an action.
Tip: Learn more about creating time optimizer modes here.
If you want to restrict time optimization to a specific date, you can select the following options:
- Next 7 days - The AI engine selects the best time to perform an action defined in the node following Optimize time in the next 7 days for a single customer, counting from the arrival at the Optimize time node.
- Custom time period - The AI engine predicts the best time to perform an action for a single customer in X hours (up to 167 hours).
- Optimize until specific date and time - You can select a specific date and time until which the AI engine predicts the best time to perform an action defined after the Optimize time node for a single customer. This option gives you more control in managing your campaigns.
When the selected time range expires, the nodes after Optimize time node won’t be activated.
If you know you don’t want to perform marketing activities at specific days and specific time, switch the Time range exclusions toggle on.
- Select the day(s) of the week.
Important: If you select only the days, the time for every selected day is set to
00:00-23:59(in accordance with the time zone selected for a workspace) by default.
- Click Add range.
- If you selected more than one day, from the left dropdown list, define the day for which you want to define the time range exclusion.
- From the middle dropdown list, select the starting time of the limit.
- From the right dropdown list, select the ending time of the limit. The following table explains how the limit is applied:
Interface configuration Resulting time configuration 8-20 8.00 AM to 8.59 PM 0-23 0.00 AM to 23.59 PM 13-19 1.00 PM to 7.59 PM
- If needed, add more time ranges by repeating steps b-e.
- Select the day(s) of the week.
If you want to monitor the entries into this step, switch the Track datapoints toggle on. As a result, events related to the movement between nodes (
automation.clientPathStep) will be available in the Analytics module to use. These events (
automation.startPath) are displayed on the activity list on the profile card regardless of the configuration of this option.
To confirm the settings, click Apply.
Example of use
This workflow sends an email containing products added to the cart as a result of not purchasing them at the best time.
- It starts with the Profile Event trigger node. In the settings of the trigger, select the
- As the next step of the workflow, add the Delay node and set it to 5 hours.
- Add the Profile Filter node and create a segmentation which checks whether the customer made a purchase while being on hold for 5 hours. If a customer did buy the products, they won’t continue the workflow.
- Add the time optimization, so the email is sent to a customer when they are the most active online.
- The system sends emails with products from the cart at the time adjusted to the activity of every customer.
- When the email is sent, the workflow is completed.