Optimize time node
To improve the results of marketing activities, use the node that calculates the optimal time for performing these activities for every customer by the AI engine.
The AI engine calculates the best time possible to perform an action (send an email) that is preceded by the Optimize time node. In this example, we exclude Wednesday (6.00 PM to 10.59 PM) and Thursday (8.00 AM to 1.59 PM) from these calculations because we don’t want a message to be sent then.
- Click the icon on the node after which you want to add Optimize time node.
Result: A dropdown list opens.
- From the dropdown list, select Optimize time.
- Click the node twice.
Result: A pop-up opens.
- If you know you don’t want to perform marketing activities at specific days and specific time, switch the Time range exclusions toggle on.
- Select the day(s) of the week.
- Click Add range.
- If you selected more than one day, from the left dropdown list, define the day for which you want to define the time range exclusion.
- From the middle dropdown list, select the starting time of the limit.
- From the right dropdown list, select the ending time of the limit.
Interface configuration Actual configuration 8-20 8.00 AM to 8.59 PM 0-23 0.00 AM to 23.59 PM 13-19 1.00 PM to 7.59 PM
- If needed, add more time ranges by repeating the steps b-e.
Important: If you select only the days, the time for every selected day is set to
00:00-23:59(in accordance with the time zone selected for a business profile) by default.Example
This is the configuration that excludes performing action (sending an email) during weekends.
you want to monitor the entries into this step, switch the Track datapoints toggle on. As a result, events related to the movement between nodes (
automation.clientPathStep) will be available in the Analytics module to use. These events (
automation.startPath) are displayed on the activity list on the client card regardless of the configuration of this option.
- To confirm the settings, click Apply.
Result: You selected the days and time when the action preceded by the Optimize node will not be performed.
Example of use
This journey sends an email containing products added to the cart as a result of not purchasing them at the best time.
- It starts with the Client Event trigger node. In the settings of the trigger, select the
- As the next step of the journey, add the Delay node and set it to 5 hours.
- Add the Client Filter node and create a segmentation which checks whether the customer made a purchase while being on hold for 5 hours. If a customer did buy the products, they won’t continue the journey.
- Add the time optimization, so the email can be sent to a customer when he or she is active the most.
- In order to meet internal rules, we are obliged to send emails only during the day and working days, so we have to exclude night hours and weekends:
- The system sends emails with products from the cart at the time adjusted to the activity of every customer.
- When the email is sent, the journey is completed.