Optimize time node
To improve the results of marketing activities, use the node that calculates the optimal time for performing these activities for every customer by the AI engine.
- Click the icon on the node after which you want to add Optimize time node.
Result: A dropdown list opens.
- From the dropdown list, select Optimize time.
- Click the node twice.
Result: A pop-up opens.
- If you know you don’t want to perform marketing activities at specific days and specific time, switch the Time range exclusions toggle on.
- Select the day(s) of the week.
- Click Add range.
- If you selected more than one day, from the left dropdown list, define the day for which you want to define the time range exclusion.
- From the middle dropdown list, select the starting time of the limit.
- From the right dropdown list, select the ending time of the limit.
- If needed, add more time ranges by repeating the steps b-e.
Important: If you select only the days, the time for every selected day is set to
you want to monitor the entries into this step, switch the Track datapoints toggle on. As a result, events related to the movement between nodes (
automation.clientPathStep) will be available in the Analytics module to use. These events (
automation.startPath) are displayed on the activity list on the client card regardless of the configuration of this option.
- To confirm the settings, click Apply.
Example of use
This journey sends an email containing products added to the cart as a result of not purchasing them at the best time.
- It starts with the Client Event trigger node. In the settings of the trigger, select the
- As the next step of the journey, add the Delay node and set it to 5 hours.
- Add the Client Filter node and create a segmentation which checks whether the customer made a purchase while being on hold for 5 hours. If a customer did buy the products, they won’t continue the journey.
- Add the time optimization, so the email can be sent to a customer when he or she is active the most.
- The system sends emails with products from the cart at the time adjusted to the activity of every customer.
- When the email is sent, the journey is completed.