"Send custom event" node
You can use the Send custom event node to transmit any event to Facebook. As a result, you’ll be able to create an analysis in Facebook or create a new Custom Audience based on those events.
- Click the node.
- Click Select connection.
- From the dropdown list, select the connection.
If you haven’t established a connection yet, see Create a connection.
Create a connection
After you generate a system access token in Facebook, use it a node to establish a connection.
- At the bottom of the Select connection dropdown list, click Add connection.
- In the Access token field, enter the app access token from Facebook.
Note: You can read more about access tokens in Facebook documentation.
- Click Next.
- In the Connection name field, enter the name for the access token you generated.
- Click Apply.
Result: A connection is created and selected.
Define the integration settings
- In the Graph API version field, enter the currently used Facebook API version.
You can find information about the currently used API version in the Facebook documentation.
- In the Meta Pixel ID field, enter the identifier of the Pixel you use in Facebook.
You can find information about how to find the ID of the Pixel in the Facebook documentation.
- In the Event data field, enter your event body. Different types of events may require different data in the request body. Refer to Facebook developer documentation.
Note: Read the article about the Automation inserts.
- Confirm by clicking Apply.
Example of use
For an example of use refer to our use case.