"Profile Event" node
This trigger starts the scenario immediately when Synerise receives information that a customer has performed a specific action, for example, submitted a form or reacted to a notification by opening it or clicking a link in it. Such actions are called events and they define customers’ activities in the touchpoints integrated with Synerise.
- You must have customers in your database.
- You must implement a tracking code into your website.
- Click the pencil icon.
Result: A pop-up shows up.
- Click Choose event.
Result: A dropdown list shows.
- From the dropdown list, select the event which is to trigger the workflow.
The contents of the list are added dynamically, which means that the list consists of events that occurred within your workspace.
- Optionally, click the + where button to select the event parameters. This lets you narrow down the event occurrence that triggers the workflow.
- Select the parameter.
- Define the operator.
- Enter the value of the parameter.
- Confirm the settings by clicking the Apply button.
Defining the date of event occurrence
You can determine when exactly the customer activity launches the workflow. In the example on the screen, the workflow is triggered only when a user visits a website between 0:00 on the 14th of April to 23:59 on the 30th of April, 2021.
From the Choose event dropdown list, select the event.
Click + where button.
In the list of parameters, click the tab.
From the Choose operator list, select:
Date - if you want to select a start or end date
Click to see the explanation of operator options
- More than - You choose dates after the selected date (including the selected date).
- Less than - You choose dates before the selected date (including the selected date).
Custom - apart from standard date ranges, you can use non-standard (dynamic) dates, for example, everyday from 8:00 to 14.00; Mondays and Thursdays between 15:00 and 17:00; the first and the fourteenth day of the month, and so on.Tip: To use non-standard (dynamic) dates, click this option in the calendar.
Current date - if you want to include those event occurence that happen.Click to see the explanation of operator options
- Matches the current hour - if the current hour is 16:20, then the workflow is triggered when a user visits a website any day at 16:20.
- Matches current day - if the current day is the 11th day of the month, then the workflow is triggered when a user visits a website on the 11th day of any month.
- Matches current month - if the current month is May, then the workflow is triggered when a user visits a website in May at any year.
- Matches current year - if the current year is 2021, then the workflow is triggered when a user visits a website any time in 2021.
Example of use
The purpose of the workflow is to send an email with a purchase summary every time a customer buys a product.
- Add the Profile Event trigger node. From the list of events, choose the event which signifies a purchase (
- Connect the trigger with the Send email action. In the settings of the node, select the appropriate template or create a new one.
- Complete the process with the finishing node (End).