Using event expressions in Automation
You can create an event expression to enrich the parameters of this event and use it while creating different types of analyses (for example, metrics, segmentations, funnels, and so on) and also in the specific nodes in Automation. This means that you can use the result of the event expression as a special parameter of that event.
Event expressions in nodes
You can use event expressions only in the following nodes:
Examples of use
You can use event expressions to build the filter conditions based on the values calculated on the fly.
- Create an expression based on the
product.buywhich multiplies the quantity by the volume of the item. This way, you can calculate the number of sold liters.
- Go to Automation, create a workflow that starts with the Audience node.
- In the segment, select customers who bought more than 3 liters of any item you sell.
- Add the Send SMS to the workflow and select a template that contains a discount code.
- Complete the workflow with the End node.
There is no possibility to use event expression in these nodes. Event Filter and Client Event are triggered instantly after the occurrence of a defined event and for these nodes there is no request made to the Analytics module, so it’s not possible to calculate a dynamic parameter.