A Banner is a notification that can display directly in your mobile app. You can personalize it in any way, and use dynamic elements to make it more interactive.
This is great solution to inform customers about:
- Discounts and promotions,
- Important notifications connected with using the app,
- Personalized content based on the recipient’s activity.
In order to activate a Banner message, go to Campaigns > Mobile.
- Select Create campaign using the button on the upper right side of the screen,
- Choose Banner campaign from the list,
- Name your campaign and add a description.
Create a Banner campaign in 5 steps:
- Choose Mobile Campaign Type,
- Choose the Device Type,
- Describe the Audience,
- Create the Content,
- Set up the Schedule.
Mobile campaign type
Start by choosing the type of your campaign. You can always change it at this stage. Just click the change button and choose a different type of campaign. In this case it will be Banner.
Choose where should the user see the message. You can choose from:
- All types of devices,
- iOS only,
- Android only.
Use the box to describe the target of your campaign. You can choose from three options:
- Everyone - Everyone who has your mobile app and gave you consent for mobile marketing will receive your campaign. The estimated reach takes into account the number of customers who have given marketing consent to this type of campaign,
- Segment - You can send the campaign to one or more existing segments in the system,
- New Audience - Create new segments and specify the conditions which should be meet by your target.
- Advanced options - Use these additional options for your campaign,
- Batch delivery - Set whether campaigns should be sent in batches (provides a campaign to a large number of recipients in stages, in order to avoid overloading server load and mobile service providers). If you decide to use this option, you can additionally choose the number of batches in a specific range of time,
- Enable a control group - create a control group (a control group is 30% of your group who will not receive the campaign, so you will better understand its effectiveness),
- Finally, click the Apply button below to save your changes.
- This is where you can select the message template and set up A/B tests,
- To add your template, click the Create message button. You can create your banner using the visual builder or a ready-made template.
- You can choose a template from the list if you have prepared one previously. To do so,choose the From templates option,
- Then choose one from the list.
To create a new banner you can use the visual builder. You can do this in a few steps:
- Add the name to your project,
- Save the project as a new template in a selected folder,
- Go to the next step when your message and campaign are ready,
- You can also leave the panel by clicking the exit button,
- Using Insert lets you can add a personalized box into your campaign message (e.g. personalized products/coupon/link/name etc.).
You can monitor how your message will look thanks to an interactive preview on the left side in which you can see your changes immediately. Choose one layout from these four types:
- Full screen image - this type of banner only has a full screen image,
- Full screen image + text - this banner consists of a photo and text,
- Full screen color + text - this banner contains two elements; full screen background with text,
- Mixed content - a combination of all previous types.
The type of content depends on the layout chosen in the previous step. If you have chosen a full screen image, you will find a box for an image URL and the background color, but for text you will find boxes for headers and descriptions.
- This is where you can add a CTA button and the button text, corner radius and color
- To make your campaign more user friendly, you should remember to include a close button to let users close it any time. In this step you can add the close button and set its position.
- If you want to make your banner disappear you can activate this option and choose the timeout (in seconds only).
- The last step is Action type. You have to decide what kind of action should follow your campaign. You can choose from:
- Deep linking - Dedicated to notifications in the app. Using this link, you can transfer users to a specific place in your app,
- Open URL - Lets you link to a specific URL,
- Do nothing.
When you finish your template, you can create another one to start an A/B test. This way you can check which version converts better. It is not necessary but can be used to optimize your mobile campaign.
- To add another version of your message, click the plus button at the top of the content box,
- Add another template in the same way as before but add some changes to make this version a little bit different to be able to check which elements convert better,
- You can also use customer allocation and choose what percent of your customer base will get version A or B.
- If the message is displayed correctly after entering the content, save your changes with the Apply button.
- By choosing more than one version within an A/B test, you will be able to set the size of the groups to which the message of the campaign will be sent. The control group (if you checked the"enable a control group” option in the previous step) is already excluded from the recipient database.
- The maximum number of versions sent within one campaign is 3 with an additional control group.
This is where you can set the start date for your campaign.
You can choose one of three options:
- To send the campaign right away after clicking the Send button on the upper right corner, use the Display immediately option.
To plan a campaign to be sent at a future date, use the Scheduled option. Set the start time and the time zone.
Additionally, the AI algorithm calculates the optimal time to send a campaign on the basis of the customer activities such as
page.visitevents. It estimates the best date for the following seven days.
To set the Start date defined in the Optimal sendig time, click the icon.
- To send the campaign when a user displays a specific screen in the application, use the Trigger at option. In the field, enter the name of the tracked screen in the
To save the changes, click Apply.
- You can Finish your campaign later and save it as a draft,
- Also you can just Send the campaign immediately if you are sure that it is ready to go.