Mandatory upgrade is a notification which is displayed when an upgrade in your app is needed. Synerise lets you check what version of the app your users currently have. For those who have an older version, you can automatically show the mandatory upgrade.
You can use this solution to inform customers about:
- New versions of your app,
- Changes in the application,
- Mandatory upgrade for users who have an old version.
Create mandatory upgrade
In order to activate Mandatory upgrade messages, go to Communication > Mobile.
- Click the Create new button in the upper right corner of the screen,
- Choose Mandatory Upgrade from the list,
- Add the name of your message along with a description.
You can create a Mandatory upgrade by filling in these 5 sections:
- Choose Mobile message type,
- Choose the Device type,
- Choose the Audience,
- Create the Content,
- Set up the Schedule.
Mobile message type
Choose the type of your message. If you want to change the type, you can do it by choosing Change button.
In this section you can decide in which type of devices your message will be displayed. There are three options:
- All types of devices,
- iOS only,
- Android only.
In this section you can choose the target of your message by selecting one of three options:
- Everyone - Everyone who has your mobile app and gave consent for mobile marketing will receive your message. The estimated reach takes into account the number of customers who have given marketing consent for this type of message,
- Segment - You can send the message to one or more existing segments in the system,
- New Audience - You can create a new segment and specify the conditions which should be meet by your target.
- All options will be visible after clicking the arrow,
- Batch delivery - Decide whether the messages are to be sent in batches (provides a message to a large number of recipients in stages, in order to avoid overloading internet and email service providers). You can also choose the number of batches in a specific range of time,
- Enable a control group - Create a control group (a control group is 30% of your customers who will not receive this message, so you will better understand its effectiveness),
- When you finish your changes, click the Apply button below.
To add your template, click the Create message button. You can create your Mandatory Upgrade using the visual builder or an existing template.
- You can choose from the template list if you have prepared one before. To do this, choose the From templates option,
- Next, select one from the list.
To create a new Mandatory Upgrade message, you can also use the visual builder:
- Add the name for your project,
- Save this project as a new template in a selected folder,
- Go to the next step when your message is ready for use,
- You can also leave the panel by clicking the exit button,
- Using Insert you can add a personalized message box into your message (e.g. personalized products/coupon/link/name etc.),
- Choose the layout. You can choose one layout from among four types: Full screen image, Full screen image + text, Full screen color + text or Mixed content,
- Add content. The type of content depends on the layout chosen in the previous step. If you have chosen full screen image, you will find a box for the image URL and the background color, but in case of text you will find boxes for the header and description,
- Add a CTA button and edit the button text, corner radius and color,
When your template is ready, you can additionally decide if you want to optimize your message using an A/B test.
- To add another version, click the plus button at the top of the content box,
- Add another template in the same way as before but add some changes to make this version a little bit different,
- You can use customer allocation and choose what percent of your customer base will get version A or B,
- After entering the content, save the changes with the Apply button.
- By choosing more than one version within the A/B test, you will be able to set the size of the groups to which a given message will be sent. The control group (if you checked the “enable a control group” option in the previous step) is already excluded from the recipient database.
- The maximum number of versions sent within one message is three with the control group.
This is where you can set the start date for your message.
You can choose between two options:
- To send your message after clicking the Send button on the upper right corner, use the Display immediately option.
To plan a message to be sent at a future date, use the Scheduled option. Set the start time and the time zone.WARNING: Synerise is a system that performs the best while operating on the real time data that is why the users can plan a message 10 days forward from the current date.
Additionally, the AI algorithm calculates the optimal time to send a message on the basis of the customer activities such as
page.visitevents. It estimates the best date for the following seven days.
To set the Start date defined in the Optimal sendig time, click the icon.
To save the changes, click Apply.
After completing all the sections you can decide if you want to send your message now or save it for later.
- You can finish your message later and save it as a draft,
- You can send the message immediately with the Activate button.