Mandatory upgrade is a notification which is displayed when an upgrade in your app is needed. Synerise lets you check what version of the app your users currently have. For those who have an older version, you can automatically show the mandatory upgrade.
You can use this solution to inform customers about:
- New versions of your app,
- Changes in the application,
- Mandatory upgrade for users who have an old version.
Create mandatory upgrade
In order to activate Mandatory upgrade messages, go to Campaigns > Mobile.
- Click the create campaign button in the upper right corner of the screen,
- Choose Mandatory Upgrade from the list,
- Add the name of your campaign along with a description.
You can create a Mandatory upgrade by filling in these 5 sections:
- Choose Mobile Campaign Type,
- Choose the Device type,
- Describe the Audience,
- Create the Content,
- Set up the Schedule.
Mobile campaign type
Choose the type of your campaign. If you want to change the type, you can do it by choosing Change button.
In this section you can decide in which type of devices your message will be displayed. There are three options:
- All types of devices,
- iOS only,
- Android only.
In this section you can choose the target of your campaign by selecting one of three options:
- Everyone - Everyone who has your mobile app and gave consent for mobile marketing will receive your campaign. The estimated reach takes into account the number of customers who have given marketing consent for this type of campaign,
- Segment - You can send the campaign to one or more existing segments in the system,
- New Audience - You can create a new segment and specify the conditions which should be meet by your target.
This section displays the advanced options for your shipment.
- All options will be visible after clicking the arrow,
- Batch delivery - Decide whether campaigns are to be sent in batches (provides a campaign to a large number of recipients in stages, in order to avoid overloading internet and email service providers). You can also choose the number of batches in a specific range of time,
- Enable a control group - Create a control group (a control group is 30% of your customers who will not receive this campaign, so you will better understand its effectiveness),
- When you finish your changes, click the Apply button below.
To add your template, click the Create message button. You can create your Mandatory Upgrade campaign using the visual builder or an existing template.
- You can choose from the template list if you have prepared one before. To do this, choose the From templates option,
- Next, select one from the list.
To create a new Mandatory Upgrade message, you can also use the visual builder:
- Add the name for your project,
- Save this project as a new template in a selected folder,
- Go to the next step when your message is ready to use in your campaign,
- You can also leave the panel by clicking the exit button,
- Using Insert you can add a personalized message box into your campaign (e.g. personalized products/coupon/link/name etc.),
- Choose the layout. You can choose one layout from among four types: Full screen image, Full screen image + text, Full screen color + text or Mixed content,
- Add content. The type of content depends on the layout chosen in the previous step. If you have chosen full screen image, you will find a box for the image URL and the background color, but in case of text you will find boxes for the header and description,
- Add a CTA button and edit the button text, corner radius and color,
When your template is ready, you can additionally decide if you want to optimize your campaign using an A/B test.
- To add another version, click the plus button at the top of the content box,
- Add another template in the same way as before but add some changes to make this version a little bit different,
- You can use customer allocation and choose what percent of your customer base will get version A or B,
- After entering the content, save the changes with the Apply button.
- By choosing more than one version within the A/B test, you will be able to set the size of the groups to which a given campaign message will be sent. The control group (if you checked the “enable a control group” option in the previous step) is already excluded from the recipient database.
- The maximum number of versions sent within one campaign is three with the control group.
This is where you can set the start date for your campaign. You can choose between two options:
- Immediately - Your campaign will be sent right away after clicking the Send button on the upper right side,
- Scheduled - Your message will be sent at the time and date you specify,
- Click Send in both options to activate campaign. Scheduled campaigns will be sent at the appointed time.
After completing all the sections you can decide if you want to send your campaign now or save it for later.
- You can Finish your campaign later and save it as a draft,
- You can start the campaign immediately with the Send button.