Silent push is a hidden notification that is delivered to the app on a user’s device. It does not cause any interaction with the user like a typical push. Silent notifications quietly deliver a certain set of data to the app.
This is great solution for:
- Letting apps know that new content is available,
- Letting apps know about changes in content.
Create silent push
In order to activate Silent Push message go to Campaigns > Mobile.
- Click create campaign in the upper right side of the screen,
- Choose Silent push campaign from the list,
- Add the name and description of your campaign.
Create a Silent Push campaign in 5 steps:
- Choose Mobile Campaign Type,
- Choose the Device type,
- Describe the Audience,
- Create the Content,
- Set up the Schedule.
Mobile campaign type
In this section you can choose the type of campaign you want to run. Of course, you are able to change the type of campaign in every stage. Just click the change button and choose a different type of campaign. In this case, you choose silent push.
In this section you can choose where the user should see your message. You can choose from:
- All types of devices,
- iOS only,
- Android only.
Use this box to describe your target. You can choose from three options:
- Everyone - Everyone who has your mobile app and gave consent for mobile marketing will receive your campaign. The estimated reach takes into account the number of customers who have given marketing consent to this type of campaign,
- Segment - You can send the campaign to one or more segments existing in the system,
- New Audience - You can create new segment and specify the conditions that must be meet by your target.
- You can also add the following advanced options after clicking the arrow,
- Batch delivery - Set whether campaigns are to be sent in batches (provides a campaign to a large number of recipients in stages, in order to avoid overloading servers and mobile service providers). If you decide to use this option you can additionally choose the number of batches in a specific range of time,
- Enable a control group - Create a control group (30% of your group who will not receive this campaign, so you will better understand its effectiveness),
- When you finish, click the Apply button to save your changes.
- In this section you can choose the template of your message and set up A/B tests if you want to. You can also use your own push templates,
- To add your template, click the Create message button. You can create your simple push using the visual builder, code editor or a ready-made template.
- You can choose the template from the list if you already have one prepared. To do this, choose the From templates option and choose from the list,
- Groups will help you organize existing templates. For example, you can create a group of templates prepared in different languages.
When your message is ready, you can also prepare an A/B test.
- To add another version, click the plus button at the top of the content box,
- Add another template in the same way as before but add changes to make this version a little bit different,
- You can also use customer allocation and choose what percent of your customer base will get version A or B.
- After adding the content save the changes with the Apply button if the message displays correctly.
- By choosing more than one version of the A/B test, you will be able to set the size of groups to which different campaign messages will be sent. The control group (if you checked in the “enable a control group” option in the previous step) is already excluded from the recipient database.
- The maximum number of versions sent within one campaign is 3 plus the control group. When you decide to use A/B tests and a control group in the same campaign, the control group will contain 30% of all recipients, and you will have to divide the other 70% among the A/B/C groups.
This is where you can set the start date for your campaign.
You can choose one of three options:
- To send the campaign right away after clicking the Send button on the upper right corner, use the Display immediately option.
- To plan a campaign to be sent at a future date, use the Scheduled option. Set the start time and the time zone.
Additionally, the AI algorithm calculates the optimal time to send a campaign on the basis of the customer activities such as
page.visitevents. It estimates the best date for the following seven days.
To set the Start date defined in the Optimal sendig time, click the icon.
- To send the campaign when a user displays a specific screen in the application, use the Trigger at option. In the field, enter the name of the tracked screen in the
To save the changes, click Apply.
- You can Finish your campaign later and save it as a draft,
- You can also Send the campaign immediately by clicking the Send button.