Silent push is a hidden notification that is delivered to the app on a user’s device. It does not cause any interaction with the user like a typical push. Silent notifications quietly deliver a certain set of data to the app.
This is great solution for:
- Letting apps know that new content is available,
- Letting apps know about changes in content.
Create silent push
In order to activate Silent Push message go to Communication > Mobile.
- Click create new in the upper right side of the screen,
- Choose Silent push from the list,
- Add the name and description of your notification.
Create a Silent Push in 5 steps:
- Choose Mobile notification type,
- Choose the Device type,
- Choose the Audience,
- Create the Content,
- Set up the Schedule.
Mobile notification type
In this section you can choose the type of notification you want to send. Of course, you are able to change the type of notification in every stage. Just click the change button and choose a different type of notification. In this case, you choose silent push.
In this section you can choose where the user should see your message. You can choose from:
- All types of devices,
- iOS only,
- Android only.
Use this box to describe your target. You can choose from three options:
- Everyone - Everyone who has your mobile app and gave consent for mobile marketing will receive your notification. The estimated reach takes into account the number of customers who have given marketing consent to this type of notifications,
- Segment - You can send the notification to one or more segments existing in the system,
- New Audience - You can create new segment and specify the conditions that must be meet by your target.
- You can also add the following advanced options after clicking the arrow,
- Batch delivery - Set whether notifications are to be sent in batches (provides a notification to a large number of recipients in stages, in order to avoid overloading servers and mobile service providers). If you decide to use this option you can additionally choose the number of batches in a specific range of time,
- Enable a control group - Create a control group (30% of your group who will not receive this notification, so you will better understand its effectiveness),
- When you finish, click the Apply button to save your changes.
- In this section you can choose the template of your message and set up A/B tests if you want to. You can also use your own push templates,
- To add your template, click the Create message button. You can create your simple push using the visual builder, code editor or a ready-made template.
- You can choose the template from the list if you already have one prepared. To do this, choose the From templates option and choose from the list,
- Groups will help you organize existing templates. For example, you can create a group of templates prepared in different languages.
When your message is ready, you can also prepare an A/B test.
- To add another version, click the plus button at the top of the content box,
- Add another template in the same way as before but add changes to make this version a little bit different,
- You can also use customer allocation and choose what percent of your customer base will get version A or B.
- After adding the content save the changes with the Apply button if the message displays correctly.
- By choosing more than one version of the A/B test, you will be able to set the size of groups to which different notifications will be sent. The control group (if you checked in the “enable a control group” option in the previous step) is already excluded from the recipient database.
- The maximum number of versions sent within one notification is 3 plus the control group. When you decide to use A/B tests and a control group in the same notification, the control group will contain 30% of all recipients, and you will have to divide the other 70% among the A/B/C groups.
This is where you can set the start date for your notification.
You can choose one of three options:
- To send the notification right away after clicking the Send button on the upper right corner, use the Display immediately option.
To plan a message to be sent at a future date, use the Scheduled option. Set the start time and the time zone.WARNING: Synerise is a system that performs the best while operating on the real time data that is why the users can plan a message 10 days forward from the current date.
Additionally, the AI algorithm calculates the optimal time to send a message on the basis of the customer activities such as
page.visitevents. It estimates the best date for the following seven days.
To set the Start date defined in the Optimal sendig time, click the icon.
- To send the notification when a user displays a specific screen in the application, use the Trigger at option. In the field, enter the name of the tracked screen in the
To save the changes, click Apply.
Set up time restrictions for sending notifications
To disable sending out notifications at a specific time during the day, in the Silence Hours in the Schedule section, select one of the following options:
- Without silence hours - Notification can be processed and sent out to the recipients at any time during the day.
- Include silence hours - In the selected time, the notifications won’t be sent out to the recipients. The duration of silence hours can’t exceed 12 hours. If the sending process overlaps with silence hours, the unsent part of the notifications will be rejected. In such case, the
push.skippedevent will be generated.WARNING: If a notification is scheduled for sending just before silence hours (for example, silence hours start at 22:00 and sending is scheduled at 21:59:59), the notification may be processed, sent, and logged in the events a short time after the silence hours start.
Save and send
- You can finish your notification later and save it as a draft,
- You can also send the notification immediately by clicking the Send button.