A simple push is a notification that displays in the main screen of a mobile device or directly in a mobile app. Simple push messages appear in the notification center on mobile devices when the screen is locked or they are visible in the top bar when the screen is unlocked. They consist of a header, icon or graphics and content.
This is a great solution to inform customers about:
- Current promotions,
- Important information connected with app usage,
- Sending personalized content based on the recipient’s activities.
Create simple push
In order to activate a Simple Push message, go to Communication > Mobile.
Create a Simple Push in 5 steps:
- Choose Mobile notification type,
- Choose the Device Type,
- Choose the Audience,
- Create the Content,
- Set up the Schedule.
Mobile notification type
This is where you can choose the notification type. It can be changed later here.
- Click the change button and choose the type of notification,
- Choose simple push.
Choose where the user should see the message. You can choose from:
- All types of devices,
- iOS only,
- Android only.
Use the box to describe the target of your notification. You can choose from three options:
- Everyone - everyone who has your mobile app and gave consent for mobile marketing will receive your notification. The estimated reach takes into account the number of customers who have given marketing consent to this type of messages and depends on the device chosen in the previous step,
- Segment - you can send the notification to one or more existing segments,
- New Audience - create a new segment and specify the conditions that should be met by your target.
- Click Advanced to use additional options for your notification. You can additionally add these advanced options,
- Batch delivery - Set whether notifications should be sent in batches (provides a notification to a large number of recipients in stages, in order to avoid overloading server load and mobile service providers). If you decide to use this option, you can additionally choose the number of batches in a specific range of time,
- Enable a control group - create a control group (a control group is 30% of your group who will not receive the notification, so you will better understand its effectiveness),
- When you finish, click Apply to save your changes.
- At this stage you can choose a message template or create an A/B test based on more than one template to compare the effectiveness of every version of your notification,
- To add your template, click the Create message button.You can create your simple push notification using a visual builder, code editor or a ready-made design from a template.
To create a new simple push message, you can use visual builder. You can do this in a few steps:
- Add the name of your message,
- Save this project as a new template in a folder,
- Go to the next step when your message will be ready and use it in your notification,
- If you want to leave the panel, use the exit button,
- With Insert you can add a personalized box into your notification (e.g. personalized products/coupon/link/name etc.).
- Create the title of your Message, which has a 160 character limit,
- You can also add emojis,
- Add the content for your message, It will be visible on the left side on the mobile phone. It also has a 160 character limit,
- Choose the type of device, iOS or Android, and add the details of the message.
If you choose iOS, you have to complete a few additional options:
- Rich Media - Choose between single media or image carousel. To activate it, just add the image in correct format (.png .jpeg or .jpg),
- Category of Push Message, which you have to add to the input. Based on defined categories you can filter your templates,
- Action button - Add its name, which will be visible in the push notification, and add the URL.
In first section you can choose the level of priority,
The next part lets you choose the default iOS sound or you can upload your own,
In Action Type you can decide to use a CTA in your message and define where it will link to. Action type has several options:
- Open app - Lets you open your app in the main screen after clicking the notification,
- Deep linking - Dedicated to notifications in the app, it lets you transfer users to a specific place in your app,
- Open URL - Open browser with a link to a specific URL.
If you choose Android, you have to set a few additional options:
- Add an Image to your notification. Remember to add the image in the correct format (.png .jpeg or .jpg),
- Action button - Add its name, which will be visible in the push notification and add the URL.
- In first section you can choose the level of priority,
- The next part gives you an opportunity to choose the default iOS sound or upload your own sound,
- In Action Type you can decide if your message will have a CTA and where it will link to. Remember that your notification can have another link besides the CTA button. In Action Type you have several options:
- Open app lets you open your app after clicking the notification,
- Deep linking is dedicated to notifications in the app,
- Open URL lets you link to a specific URL.
If you prefer to use existing template rather than creating a new one you can use the From template option.
- You can choose one template from the list if you have prepared one before. To do this choose the From template option and choose one from the list,
- Groups will help you organize existing templates. For example, you will create a group of templates prepared in different languages.
When your message is ready, you can additionally prepare an A/B test.
- To add another version, click the plus button in the content box,
- Add another template in the same way as before but add some changes to make this version a little bit different,
- You can use customer allocation and choose what percent of your customers will get version A or B,
- After entering the content, if the message is displayed correctly, save the changes with the Apply button.
- By choosing more than one version within the A/B test, you will be able to set the size of groups to which the given message of the notification will be sent. The control group (if you checked in the previous step “enable a control group” option) is already excluded from the recipient database.
- The maximum number of versions sent within one notification is 3, plus the control group. When you decide to use an A/B test and control group in the same notification, the control group will have 30% of recipients, and you will have to share the other 70% among A/B/C groups.
This is where you can set the start date for your notification.
You can choose between two options:
- To send your notification after clicking the Send button on the upper right corner, use the Display immediately option.
To plan a message to be sent at a future date, use the Scheduled option. Set the start time and the time zone.WARNING: Synerise is a system that performs the best while operating on the real time data that is why the users can plan a message 10 days forward from the current date.
Additionally, the AI algorithm calculates the optimal time to send a message on the basis of the customer activities such as
page.visitevents. It estimates the best date for the following seven days.
To set the Start date defined in the Optimal sendig time, click the icon.
To save the changes, click Apply.
Set up time restrictions for sending notifications
To disable sending out notifications at a specific time during the day, in the Silence Hours in the Schedule section, select one of the following options:
- Without silence hours - Notification can be processed and sent out to the recipients at any time during the day.
- Include silence hours - In the selected time, the notifications won’t be sent out to the recipients. The duration of silence hours can’t exceed 12 hours. If the sending process overlaps with silence hours, the unsent part of the notifications will be rejected. In such case, the
push.skippedevent will be generated.WARNING: If a notification is scheduled for sending just before silence hours (for example, silence hours start at 22:00 and sending is scheduled at 21:59:59), the notification may be processed, sent, and logged in the events a short time after the silence hours start.
Save and send
After completing these steps, your notification is ready to go. You can decide if you want to finish it later or just send it right now. Just choose from the two options visible in the upper right side of the screen.
After completing these steps, your notification is ready to go. You can decide if you want to finish it later or just send it right now.
- You can finish your notification later, meaning that it will be saved as a draft,
- If you want to send it now, choose from the two options visible in the upper right side of the screen Send.