A walkthrough is the process of intentionally revealing functionalities to a user step by step. They can be presented in the form of banners with information or tips how to use a specific app or module.
This is great solution to inform customers about:
- Onboarding (first time in app),
- Instructions after update in an application,
- News in your app.
In order to activate a Walkthrough message, go to Campaigns > Mobile.
- Click create campaign on the upper right side of the screen,
- Next, choose the Walkthrough campaign,
- Add a name and description to your campaign.
Create a walkthrough campaign in 5 steps:
- Choose Mobile Campaign Type,
- Choose the Device Type,
- Describe the Audience,
- Create the Content,
- Set up the Schedule.
Mobile campaign type
In this section you can choose the type of your campaign. If you decide to change it later, just click the change button at any time.
In this section you are able to choose where your message will be displayed. You can choose from:
- All types of devices,
- iOS only,
- Android only.
There is a place for your target description. You can choose from three options:
- Everyone - Everyone who has your mobile app and gave you consent for mobile marketing will receive your campaign. The estimated reach takes into account the number of customers who have given marketing consent to this type of campaign,
- Segment - You can send the campaign to one or more existing segments in the system,
- New Audience - You can create a new segment and specify the conditions which should be met.
- You can add the advanced options below after clicking the arrow,
- Batch delivery - Set whether campaigns are to be sent in batches (provides a campaign to a large number of recipients in stages, in order to avoid overloading internet and email service providers). If you decide to use this option you can additionally choose the number of batches in a specific time period,
- Enable a control group - Create a control group (a control group is 30% of your group who will not receive this campaign, so you will better understand its effectiveness),
- To save your changes, click the Apply button below.
- Use plus button to add optionally more templates which can be useful in AB tests,
- Add your template, using Create message button. You can create your walkthrough message using one of three options: visual builder, code editor or ready-made template.
- You can choose a template from the list if you have prepared one before. To do this, choose the From templates option,
- Create a new folder by clicking the plus button. The folder you create can be edited or deleted later. Remember, that if you have not created a folder before, you will only see the default folder,
- Select a view of templates between icons and list,
- A search engine is available on the right. You can sort results by the name or other parameters.
When your message is ready, you can prepare an A/B test and compare the effectiveness of other versions of your campaign. This feature is optional.
You can build a walkthrough campaign using the visual builder by following a few steps:
- Name your project,
- Save your new project as a new template in chosen folder,
- Add more pages to your project. User can slide them,
- Determine if you will use a loop option in your campaign. This allows you to move from the last slide to the first slide,
- Decide if you want to add indicators. This will show dots indicators below the slides, which can be useful and more intuitive for users,
- Go to the next step when your message is ready and use it in your campaign,
- You can leave the panel at any time by clicking the exit button,
- Using Insert can add a personalized box to your message (e.g. personalized products/coupon/link/name etc.).
After saving your project and adding the name, you can start creating your personalized message thanks to the menu located on the right menu bar.
In the layout section, hover over the chosen slide and use the menu that appears on the left side to duplicate, edit or delete it. Using the plus button, you can add another slide. When you add a new one, you have to describe it with the help of a few indicators:
Choose the layout. You can choose a layout from among 4 types:
- Full screen image,
- Full screen image + text,
- Full screen color + text,
- Mixed content.
Add content. The type of content depends on layout chosen in the previous step. If you have chosen a full screen image, you will find a box for the image URL and the background color. If you chose text, you will find boxes for the header and description,
Add a CTA button. You can add a CTA button and button text, corner radius and color,
Add a close button. To make your campaign more user friendly, remember to include a close button which lets viewers close the message at any time,
Choose an Action type. Decide what kind of action should follow your campaign. You can choose from:
- Deep linking - Dedicated to notifications in the app. Using the link you can transfer users to a specific place in your app,
- Open URL - Links to a specific URL,
- Do nothing.
When your template is ready, it is time to decide if you want to optimize your campaign using an A/B test and create multiple versions of your campaign to check which one converts best.
- Click the plus button to add another version of your campaign,
- Add another template in the same way as before. Just remember to add some modifications to make it a little bit different,
- You can also use customer allocation and choose what percent of your target group will get version A or B,
- Finally, save your changes with the Apply button.
- By choosing more than one version within the A/B test, you will be able to set the size of groups to which a given version of the campaign will be sent. The control group (if you checked the “enable a control group” option in the previous step) is already excluded from the recipient database.
- The maximum number of versions sent within one campaign is three, with an additional control group (if you chose this option in the previous step).
- Set the start date for your campaign by choosing between two options:
- To send your campaign after clicking the Send button on the upper right corner, use the Immediately option.
- To plan a campaign to be sent at a future date, use the Scheduled option. Set the start time and the time zone.
Additionally, the AI algorithm calculates the optimal time to send a campaign on the basis of the customer activities such as
page.visitevents. It estimates the best date for the following seven days.
To set the Start date defined in the Optimal sendig time, click the icon.
- To save the changes, click Apply.
- You can Finish your campaign later if you want to add some changes. Just choose the Finish later button and your campaign will be visible on the list as a draft,
- If you are sure that your campaign is ready, click the Send send button, and you campaign will start immediately.