Creating dynamic content templates
In order to create a dynamic content campaign, you must create a template in the code editor. You can prepare a dynamic content template before creating a dynamic content campaign or you can prepare the template while creating the campaign.
You must have user permissions that allow access to the Campaigns module and allow creating templates.
- Go to Campaigns > Dynamic Content > Create campaign.
- On the left side, click the Templates button.
- In the Create new tab (default setting), click Code editor.
- In the code editor, you can use HTML, CSS and JS. Enter a code in text fields dedicated to the language of the code.
- To use elements created in the application such as metrics, expressions, product recommendations, use Insterts available on the upper right side.
Read more about how you can use inserts in a campaign.
- Click Inserts.
Result: A pop-up shows up.
- From the dropdown list, select the type of the insert.
Result: A list of inserts of the selected type appears.
- Click the insert you want to add to the dynamic content.
Result: A field with the Jinjava code appears.
- To copy the code to the clipboard, click the icon on the left side of the field.
- Paste the code in the code of the dynamic content.
- Click Inserts.
- To check the preview of the dynamic content for a particular customer or a product, click the Preview button on the upper left side.
- Enter the ID of a customer or a product.
- Click Apply.
- If Service approval is enabled for the Campaigns module: If you want to complete the work over the template, then:
- If you are a regular user, to send the template to reviewers and a final approver, click Send to approval.
- If you are a reviewer, to send the template to reviewers (including yourself), click Send to approval.
Result: Approve and Unapprove button shows up.
- If you are a final approver, to let yourself approve the template, click Send to approval.
Result: Approve and Unapprove button shows up.Important: If you make changes to the approved template and don’t send it to get another approval, the campaign will use the latest approved version.
- If Service approval is not configured:
- To go directly to launching a campaign, click Use in campaign and follow the instructions here.
- To save the template:
- Enter the name of the template.
- Select the folder where the template will be saved.
- Click Save this template….
Result: A dropdown shows up.
- Click Save as.
Result: The template is saved in the selected folder.