Creating dynamic content templates
In order to create dynamic content, you must create a template in the code editor.
You must have user permissions that allow access to the Communication module and allow creating templates.
- Go to Communication > Dynamic Content > Create campaign.
- On the left side, click the Templates button.
- In the Create new tab (default setting), click Code editor.
- In the code editor, you can use HTML, CSS and JS. Enter a code in text fields dedicated to the language of the code.
- To use elements created in the application such as metrics, expressions, product recommendations, use Insterts available on the upper right side.
Read more about how you can use inserts in communication with customers.
- Click Inserts.
Result: A pop-up shows up.
- From the dropdown list, select the type of the insert.
Result: A list of inserts of the selected type appears.
- Click the insert you want to add to the dynamic content.
Result: A field with the Jinjava code appears.
- To copy the code to the clipboard, click the icon on the left side of the field.
- Paste the code in the code of the dynamic content.
- Click Inserts.
- To check the preview of the dynamic content for a particular customer or a product, click the Preview button on the upper left side.
- Enter the ID of a customer or a product.
- Click Apply.
- If Service approval is enabled for the Communication module: If you want to complete the work over the template, then:
- If you are a regular user, to send the template to reviewers and a final approver, click Send to approval.
- If you are a reviewer, to send the template to reviewers (including yourself), click Send to approval.
Result: Approve and Unapprove button shows up.
- If you are a final approver, to let yourself approve the template, click Send to approval.
Result: Approve and Unapprove button shows up.Important: If you make changes to the approved template and don’t send it to get another approval, the campaign will use the latest approved version.
- If Service approval is not configured:
- To go directly to launching dynamic content, click Use in communication and follow the instructions here.
- To save the template:
- Enter the name of the template.
- Select the folder where the template will be saved.
- Click Save this template….
Result: A dropdown shows up.
- Click Save as.
Result: The template is saved in the selected folder.