Troubleshooting - Dynamic content not displayed
Before you contact the Synerise support, you can try the solutions described below. The solutions are sorted according to how common each issue is.
Use the console in your browser to check if your dynamic content is uploaded. To do so, enter the
SR.dynamicContent.getRendered() command in the console.
If the dynamic content isn’t uploaded
Perform the following steps:
Make sure a tracking code is implemented in the website - use the developer tools in your browser and in the console, enter
SyneriseTC. If no errors are returned, the code is implemented correctly.
Check if you (your UUID in your browser) belong to the audience of the dynamic content.
Tip: The UUID is stored in the
_snrs_p cookie, under the
In the settings of the dynamic content, check for the typos in the URL where dynamic content is supposed to be displayed.
Check if the aggregates, expressions and other attributes included in the dynamic content template return the values for your browser’s UUID.
If the dynamic content template contains AI recommendations:
- Check if the AI recommendation is active.
- Verify if the ID of the recommendation is correct.
- If the recommendation requires the item context, check whether the page where you show recommendations, contains defined
product:retailer_part_noor, alternatively, if the item context is included in the Jinjava code in the dynamic content template.
- If the recommendation requires the item context, check if this item exists in the feed.
- Check if the attributes to which you refer in the template are defined in the feed and they are returned in the recommendation.
- Check if the attributes you refer to have the correct type, for example, mathematical operations based on the string attributes won’t produce a valid result. Make sure that price or other attributes that must be numbers are defined correctly.
Check if the preview of the AI recommendation included in the dynamic content template returns items for your item ID and user ID. If not:
- Check if the filters used in the AI recommendation are not too restrictive - make sure that feed contains items that meet the conditions of the filter.
- Confirm that the number of items you set to be returned in the AI recommendation isn’t the source of the issue - make sure there is sufficient number of items in the feed that meet the conditions of the filter.
- Check if the ID of the item in the feed is the same as the ID of this item on your website. (
product_retailer_part_no) and in transactional events.
If the dynamic content template contains a reference to a catalog:
- Check if the catalog contains the element to which you refer to.
- Check if the element is being referred to by the
- Check if the column exists in the catalog and its value for the item is not null.
- Check if the catalog name doesn’t contain the
If you performed all the steps and corrected the mistakes, check if the dynamic content can be correctly previewed for a selected customer in a browser.
- If the preview isn’t correctly displayed, check the Jinjava syntax. Look for loop constructs, conditionals, references to aggregates, recommendations and other types of inserts. Check if all variables used in the templates are defined.
If the dynamic content was uploaded
Perform the following steps:
Check if the website contains a selector and whether dynamic content is defined within this selector.
To verify it, copy the selector from the Dynamic content settings in the Synerise application:
In the browser, click the right button of the mouse and select the Inspect option. Press CTR + F and paste the name of the selector.
In the Dynamic content settings, check if the selector name is correct. If it’s a CSS class, the name must contain
.at the beginning, for example
.example_class.css. If the class is an ID, the name must contain
#at the beginning, for example
Check if the settings defined in the Display settings section don’t block the display of your dynamic content.
Check if your dynamic content wasn’t overwritten by other dynamic content for the same selector.
Verify that the template container does not have the CSS display attribute set to
The browser plugins (for example, Adblock) may set the CSS to
display:none- check if the display of the dynamic content is not blocked by the plugin settings.