Troubleshooting - Email can't be sent
Before you contact the Synerise support, you can try the solutions described below. They are sorted according to how common each issue is.
- Go to Profiles and check a profile of a customer who was the recipient of the message.
- On the activity list, search if there is one of the events:
message.sent- if this event is present on the activity list, it means the email was sent and it reached the mailbox or spam folder. Optionally, you can verify logs at the email provider’s.
message.notSent- if this event is present on the activity list, double-click it to see its parameters. One of the parameters will reveal the source of issue.
newsletter.softbounce- if there is any of the events present on the activity list, the email was sent, however it didn’t reach the mailbox due to one or more of the following reasons:
- the email address is invalid,
- the recipient blocked receiving emails,
- the inbox is overloaded,
- a server error occurred,
- the email size is too big,
Tip: There is no specific standard that specify the email size limit. Email servers and clients may impose their own limits on the email size.
- the email address from which you sent the email has been put on the black list.
If any of these events is present on the activity list, perform the following steps:
- Go to the template of your email and open it in the code editor.
- Click the Preview button.
- Select a customer who was the recipient of the email.
- If the preview doesn’t render, perform the following steps:
- Check if the aggregates, expressions and other attributes included in the email template return the values for your browser’s UUID.
- If the template contains AI recommendations:
- Check if the recommendation is active (go to the list of the recommendations, its status is visible directly on the list).
- Check if the ID of the recommendation is correct.
- If the recommendation requires the item context, verify if there is an aggregate or any type of reference to this item in the template.
- If the recommendation requires the item context, check if the item is included in the feed.
- Check if the attributes you refer to have the correct type, for example, mathematical operations based on the string attributes won’t produce any result.
- Check if the AI recommendation can be previewed correctly for a selected customer and item. If not:
- Check if the filters in the recommendation are not too restrictive (check if the feed contains the products that meet these filters).
- Confirm that the number of items you set to be returned in the AI recommendation isn’t the source of the issue - make sure there is sufficient number of items in the feed that meet the conditions of the filter.
- If the template contains a reference to a catalog, check if:
- the catalog includes the element to which you refer to in the template,
item_keyis the value based on which you refer to the items in the catalog,
- the column exists in the catalog and its value for the item is not null
- the catalog doesn’t contain the
- If you performed actions, corrected the potential sources of issues and the email preview is still unavailable, check the Jinjava syntax in the template. Look for loop constructs, conditionals, references to aggregates, recommendations and other types of inserts. Check if all variables used in the templates are defined.