Chats have become one of the most popular channels of communication and now you have the possibility to use it to get in touch with the visitors to your website. Users will see a small icon that displays the chat window in the bottom-right corner of your website. It's a great way of providing your customers or potential customers with real-time assistance.
- Reduced expenses - Instead of phone support, you may switch to the live chat option.
- Increased sales - Studies have shown that live chat can drive up to five times more conversions and significantly increase the ROI rate.
- Improved customer service and loyalty - Customers appreciate companies that provide them with easily accessible, trouble-free and instant support.
- Customer pain points revealed - Access to the chat archive lets you go through the conversations to discover customer pain points.
- Quick solutions - Apart from the educational materials you publish, which are a great way of supporting your customers, Chat may complement your support methods in a situation where a customer needs help instantly.
An implemented tracking code
To adjust the chat settings, you need to go to
Settings -> Chat
Switching this toggle on enables the Chat icon in the lower-right corner of your website. By default, the toggle is disabled.
Whitelist your domains - Enter the address of your domain that has implemented a tracking code in its source. Chat will be available on every subpage of that domain. You need to type the host of the domain, e.g.
example.com. You can use any symbol, including whitespaces, as the separator of multiple domains.
Response time - Choose one of three available options that inform the users how long it takes you to reply.
Default interface language - Choose the default language of the chat window interface and of the welcoming message.
- Multiple languages - Add the languages you want to use in Chat. When you do it, as a result, Team intro (2) will display additional text fields in which you can type in the greetings in the languages you added.
- Team intro - In the text field, type in the content of the greetings message that appears automatically when a user opens the chat window.
- SMS notification for leads - If you want to inform users who had left a message that you have written back, switch this option on.
Chat window for a consultant
From the main menu in the application, choose Chat.
The screenshot presents the chat window. On the left side, you can see a list of previously started and new conversations. On the right side, you can see the profile of the customer you are talking with. It presents the demographic data, the segments the customer belongs to, and the assigned tags. You can go to the customer's card in CRM straight from the chat by clicking the name of the user.