A CRM profile is the collection of all information about a single customer, gathered by the application. Along with personal information, a CRM profile presents the whole record of a customer's activity in the context of the application and your website, such as the list of customer related events (a page visit, adding a product to the cart, etc.) or the analytical segments the customer belongs to. Moreover, it's a place where you can perform certain actions directed towards the customer: send a message, create a task or add a piece of information about the customer which cannot be added anywhere else.
CRM profile dashboard
A CRM profile consists of three columns.
- Column 1 - Information about the customer.
- Column 2 - An overview of all of the customer's activities.
- Column 3 - Additional information connected with the Analytics module, updated in real time.
In the first column, you can find basic information about a customer. The first section holds unchangeable data:
- Name and surname.
- Last activity.
- The customer profile's creation date.
- Location (if available).
- Additional data, for example a company name (visible only when the customer provides such information, e.g. in a contact form).
The Devices section shows you the most recent UUID of the customer (individual user number) and the IDs of all devices on which the customer's activity has been detected.
- The most recent UUID of the customer.
- If you click the Show more button, you will see all the UUIDs which were used previously.
The customer info section is divided into several parts:
- Personal - It's a collection of basic data, such as the first and last name, birthdate, city and province. These will be visible here if the customer provided this information, e.g. through a form or you were able to collect them in any other way. Otherwise, the values for these fields will be set to not available (N/A).
- Contact info - Contains the email address and phone number. An email address is the basic customer identifier and is necessary to classify the customer as recognized. A phone number is optional.
- Geo data - If your customers let you track their location, e.g. through a mobile app or in any other way, you can see the last known location here. The location indicates the place where your customers were when they visited your page or used your mobile application.
- Other - This section displays all customer attributes which you might have collected, e.g. additional data gathered from the form on your website, like a company name, an address or Facebook ID. If you have added attributes in Synerise, but this particular customer did not provide such information (e.g. they did not fill in a specific filed in the form), this field will be empty (N/A). Read more about customer attributes in this article.
- Tags - Here you can see a list of all the tags which are assigned to the customer. If you hover the cursor over a chosen tag that was not added by the system, you can delete it. Just click the “x” symbol which will appear on it. You can also add another tag to the customer profile. To do it, just click the Add tag button below.
- Subscriptions - Here you are able to see if the customer has given their permission to receive marketing information through a specific channel. There are four channels: email, sms, push, and web push. If the customer has not given you their consent in any channel, you will not be allowed to send marketing information through that channel to such a customer.
At the top of this column you can find the following four options:
- Overview - A list containing all customer activity, updated in real time.
- Messages - Send your customer a message.
- Notes - Make notes about your customer.
- Tasks - Create a task which needs to be performed in connection with the customer.
In the Overview section you can see a customer's activity in real time.
Each activity type has a unique icon.
- If you want to check the details of a specific behavior, click it. Then, you will be presented with a list of details, e.g. the IP address, source, time or event UUID.
- You can also add manually an event to a customer. You can find more information at the link.
- You can define the time range of events shown on the list of the customer activity.
In the Messages section, you can quickly send a message to the customer.
- First of all, choose the channel: email, sms, mobile push or web push.
- Choose the account from which you want to send your message (if you have more than one). Remember that you have to configure your account beforehand. Otherwise, you will not see any account here.
- The customer's data will be added automatically if available (email, phone number). In case of a web push, you only have to add the URL of the website on which your message will be displayed.
- Add the title and type the message you want to send.
- Additionally, you can select more text formatting options from the toolbar.
- Add emojis to set the desired tone of your message.
- Switch to full screen mode.
- Send your message when it is ready.
From:field, just read more about the configuration options.
In the Notes section, you can add information about a specific customer, which could not be added in any other place.
- Add the title of the note.
- Type the message about the customer.
- Use more text-formatting options from the toolbar.
- You can add emojis.
- Switch to full screen mode.
- This is the list of your and your coworkers’ notes about the customer.
- When your note is ready, save it.
You can assign a task related to the customer.
- Click on Add task to add a task
- Overdue - This is a list of tasks you are falling behind with.
- Today - This is a list of tasks to be done today.
- Upcoming - This is a list of tasks to be done in the upcoming days.
- Done - This is a list of completed tasks.
- If you tick the circle, this task will be saved as having already been done.
- Mark the task with a star to add priority to it.
- Enter the title of the task.
- Type - Choose the type of task from one of the three available options: meeting, to-do and dinner.
- Assign to - Choose the user who will be responsible for this task.
- Due date - Select the deadline for the task. You can create a back-dated task.
- Time - Define the duration of the task.
- Folder - Choose the folder where the task will be saved.
- Description - Add a description to the task.
The last column contains information about the analytical segments the customer belongs to. If you have not created any expressions, aggregates or segments yet, this section will be empty.
Aggregates are the results of calculating events that occurred in the context of a single user. If you have created some earlier, and the data needed for calculating them for a specific user is available, you will find the score in this section. If the data is not available (e.g. the customer has not visited a specific webpage yet), the score will be zero. If you have not created any aggregate earlier, you will see No data. Read more about creating aggregates.
Expressions allow you to create your own indicators based on mathematical formulas or calculations regarding clients. If you have created some earlier, and the data needed for calculating these formulas for a specific customer is available, you will see the score here. If not, the score will be zero. Read more about creating expressions.
Segments are groups of customers who meet the same specific conditions: behavioral, demographic, or both. If your customer belongs to any specific segments created before, you will see a list of them here. Read more about creating segmentations.
Edit customer profile
You can edit the customer profile at any time if you want to delete or add new information.
- Use the three dots icon in the first column to go to the edition panel.
In the editing panel, you can make changes to the chosen profile.
- You can change the name, surname and email address.
- Additionally, if required, you can add a description.
- In the tags section, you can see all the tags assigned to the customer. You can add a new tag or delete an existing one.
- In the customer attributes section, you can find all the system attributes and attributes created by you. You can change their value if you want.
- You can add existing attributes to the customer profile and define their values. To do this, choose the Add property option.
- Then, select the attribute name from the list and add its value.
- To create a new attribute straight from the customer profile, select the Add new field option.
- Define the source parameter.
- Create a new property name.
- Add its description to be sure that other co-workers will be able to understand the purpose of this parameter.
- Choose the property type from one of the following: string, date, number, boolean or array. This depends on the required format of your attribute.
- Finally, save your new attribute.