File types to use in imports
You can import three types of files.
- Comma-separated file (CSV or TXT)
- XML (used only for product feeds)
Requirements for text files
- The CSV/txt file must have column headers and be UTF-8 encoded.
- Typical separators are accepted - comma, tab, vertical bar or semi-colon.
- Spaces in headers are not allowed.
- Each column must contain only one value.
- Every record in the file must have a unique identifier assigned.
- The file cannot contain empty fields. If you want to leave empty fields, enter the
Requirements for JSON
The only requirement for JSON files is that they must be UTF-8 encoded.
Requirements for XML
- The file must comply with the Google Merchant XML format.
- Make sure that the URL of the file is accessible for Synerise.
- Set a schedule for regular updates. The first import will be executed as soon as this configuration is completed.
- This import differs from others because it involves a well-known standard and it does not require any mapping nor further configuration.