Importing product feed
To be able to display products from you offer on your website, send product recommendations through various channels, or take advantage of AI module, you must import a product feed to the system.
You can also create a catalog with a product feed by using custom import type.
Product feed file requirements
- Your product feed must be prepared according to the standards defined by Google Merchant. Specification is available at the link.
- If you use custom attributes, the XML Prolog must include
- All tags that are defined by Google Merchant Center Help must be preceded with a g: prefix. The only tags that do not use the prefix are:
- Your custom tags that are not defined by Google Merchant Center Help
- Compulsory tags:
- The value of
<g:id>cannot contain spaces.
- A product ID has to be consistent with the product SKU.
- Packshots have to be included in
< g:image_link >, whereas additional photos in
< g:additional_image_link >.
.in prices. Commas are not allowed.
- In product types, use one of two possible formats:
<g:product_type><![CDATA[ Man > all > clothes > shirts ]]></g:product_type>
<g:product_type>Man > all > clothes > shirts</g:product_type>
- Use space between
>, otherwise it will be treated as one category (it doesn’t concern
<used in HTML tags).
Larger images take longer to upload.
The more tags you use, the more precise recommendations will get.
Pay attention to closing the tags.
The examples of product feeds are available at the link.
- Go to Settings > Import > New import > Product feed
- Enter the name of the import.
- Optionally, to let other users know about the purpose of this import, write a short description.
- Paste the URL of the XML.
- Define the frequency of importing the file to the system by entering a number and selecting the time unit from the dropdown list.
- To complete the process, click the Save import button.