Promote customer's favorite products in recommendations
Customers are looking for the most convenient solutions to make their experience smooth and intuitive, allowing them to find what they are looking for quickly.
Adding products to the favorites is an excellent enhancement that helps customers collect products they like while browsing the site and return to them later to make a purchase. It’s also a perfect opportunity for marketers to use knowledge of customer preferences to promote products they’ve expressed interest in, encouraging visitors to return and increasing sales.
This use case describes creating personalized recommendations with filters that will boost products customers have added to their favorites.
- Configure an item catalog for recommendations. Enable personalized recommendations.
- Implement a custom event for adding a product to favorites, which will be available in the customer profile.
In this example, the event is called
Implement custom events in your mobile application or website.
In this use case, you will go through the following steps:
Create an aggregate
In this part of the process, create an aggregate that will return the products the user added to favorites.
- Go to Analytics > Aggregates > New aggregate.
- Enter the name of the aggregate.
- As the type of the aggregate select Last Multi.
- Select Consider only unique occurence of the event parameter.
- In the Size field, enter the number of returned SKUs.
- Select the product.addToFavorite event.
- Select the sku parameter.
- Define the period from which the aggregate will return products from the event.
- Save the aggregate.
Create a recommendation
Go to Communication > Recommendations > Add recommendation.
In the top left corner, enter the name of your recommendation.
In the Type & Source section, click Define.
From the Catalog dropdown menu, choose the provided feed.
Choose the Personalized recommendation type.
In the Items section, click Define.
- Click Add slot.
- Define the minimum and maximum number of items that will be recommended to the user in each slot. In our example, one slot returns from 5 (minimum) to 10 (maximum) products.
- Confirm by clicking Apply.
In the Boosting section:
Click Add rule.
Click Define rule and select Visual Builder.
Result The Visual Builder window opens.
From the Select attribute dropdown list, select the itemId attribute.
You can use the search field.
From the Operator dropdown list, select Equals.
Click the value type icon () a few times until it changes to the aggregate icon.
From the Choose aggregate drop-down list, select an aggregate created in the previous step.
In the Promote/Demote selector, select Promote (default value).
Use the slider to adjust how much you want the rule to affect the results.
Save the Boosting section settings by clicking Apply.
Optionally, you can define the settings in the Additional settings section.
Save the recommendation.
Check the use case set up on the Synerise Demo workspace
You can also check the AI recommendation configuration directly in Synerise Demo workspace.
If you don’t have access to the Synerise Demo workspace, please leave your contact details in this form, and our representative will contact you shortly.