Creating lookalikes predictions
In this article, you will get know how to set up your first Lookalikes prediction. Lookalikes let you compare two segments of customers and find those who display similar qualities of performance. This can be used, for example, to target a marketing campaign at customers alike to those who reacted well to a previous iteration of that campaign.
- Enable the Lookalikes predictions. It usually takes several hours to initialize the Predictions module and perform necessary calculations.
- You should know how to create segmentations or have a segment of customers ready for use as the source.
Configure a prediction
Select the model type
- Go to > New prediction.
- In the Select prediction type window that appears, click Lookalikes.
- Click Apply.
Select source and target
The Audience section of the prediction configuration include the definitions of two segments.
- The source segment contains the “model” customers. This can be, for example, a segment of customers with the best reaction to a past marketing campaign.
- The target segment contains customers who you want to compare with the source segment and find the ones who are similar to the source group.
- In the Audience section, click Define.
- In the Source segmentation sub-section, click Choose segmentation.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- Select an existing segmentation (you can use the search field).
- Click Create new and create a new segmentation.
Instructions for creating segmentations are available here.
The segmentation will also be available for later use in the list of segmentation.
- In the Source segmentation sub-section, choose or create a segmentation in the same way as the target.
- Click Apply.
By default, the calculation is performed once and the results are presented on a 5-point scale.
- If you want to leave the settings as default, the predictions is ready to calculate. Continue to saving the prediction.
- If you want to change the settings, in the Settings section, click Change.
- To schedule a recurring calculation:
- Select the Set up recurring prediction calculation checkbox.
- In the input field, enter the number of days between calculations.
- To change the scale from 5-point to 2-point, select the 2-point scale radio button.
- Click Apply.
Save the prediction
To save the prediction:
- as a draft, click Save.
- and calculate, click Save & Calculate.
The calculation takes approximately 1 hour per 1 million customers in the source segmentation. When it ends, the results are saved as events in the profiles of all customers of the target segmentation. The
score_label parameter of the event shows the scale of similarity on a 2- or 5-point scale.
You can use these events, for example, to build a new segmentation for use as the target of a marketing campaign.
Understanding Lookalikes prediction events
The outcomes of all custom predictions are saved as
snr.lookalike.score events in the Synerise platform. Thanks to that, the predictions events are available in the Analytics, Communication or Automation modules. The schema of a prediction event is standardized. The attributes are explained in the table below the figure.
|action||An event name for the prediction -
|added by||An entity that generated this event. In the case of prediction events, it is always Synerise.|
|modelId||A unique identifier of the prediction|
|score_label||Prediction output: two- or five-point scale label. You can select the scale in the settings of the prediction.|
|score||The result of the prediction (based on the expression which was selected as a target while preparing a prediction).|
|time||Time when a prediction was generated, as a Unix timestamp|
|configurationVersion||Allows to verify whether two consecutive calculations ran with the settings (only for debug)|
|modelVersion||Model version allows to verify whether two consecutive calculations ran on the same model parameters (only for debug)|