The most frequently clicked links in email campaigns
Synerise allows you to create a report of the most frequently clicked links in an email campaign. To display links without UTM parameters, create an expression that formula sets the logic of displaying links.
Make sure the links in the email templates contain the tracking parameters. You can read more about it here.
Create a metric
As the first part of the process, create a metric that calculates the occurrences of the
- Go to Analytics > Metrics > New metric.
- Enter the name of the metric.
- Leave the metric kind at default (Simple metric).
- As Aggregator, select Count.
- Leave Event and Occurrence type at default.
- From the Choose event dropdown list, select newsletter.click.
- As the date range, select Lifetime.
- Click Save.
Create an expression
In this part of the process, create an expression expression that will be available as a variable when including the
newsletter.click event in analytics. The formula of the expression contains the regular expression for the URL parameter of the
newsletter.click event. As a result, the expression removes UTM parameters from the link.
- Go to Analytics > Expression > New expression.
- Enter the name of the expression.
- Set the Expression for option to Event.
- From the dropdown list, select newsletter.click.
- Build the formula of the expression:
- On the dashboard, click Select.
- From the dropdown list, select Function > Regexp.
- In the left Select field, select Event attribute.
- From the dropdown list, select url.
- In the right dropdown list, select Constant.
- Enter the following formula:
- Save the expression.
Create a report
In this part of the process, create a report based on the metric and expression you prepared before. The result of the report is a table with the top/last links clicked in email campaigns and the number of clicks for each link.
- Go to Analytics > Reports > New report.
- Enter the name of the report.
- Select the metric you created in this part of the process.
- From the Range dropdown list, select the number of top (the most frequently clicked) or last (the least frequently clicked) results to be shown in the preview of the report.
- In the Dimension section, select the expression you created in this part of the process.
- In the date range, select the time that will be analyzed.
- Save the report.
- Click Preview to see the results.