To proceed with work in Synerise, you have to configure some data in the system. In this part, we will show you how to do it in a few simple steps.
Configure basic info
Before you start working with Synerise, you need to provide some personal data.
In order to set up the configuration, go to Settings > Account Details.
Basic data, such as the first name, last name and email address, will be imported automatically by the system at your first login. This data (marked with a red asterisk) is obligatory.
- Check if the first name, last name and email address fields are correct.
- Fill in the phone number field.
- Check if the selected language is the one you prefer; if not - choose the appropriate one from the drop-down list.
- During the first login, the system automatically sets English as the preferred language; however, it is possible to change it to Polish.
- It is suggested you add a user photo to the account. It should be 300px by 300px in size and not larger than 5 MB.
Configure additional info
The additional information module allows you to include information on your role (indicating the scope of your professional responsibility) and to present a brief description of the employee's profile. This description will be seen by other users of Synerise when you interact with them using the system Chat module.
Filling out these fields is not obligatory, but it will improve communication with other users of the platform.
In order to provide the additional info, go to Settings > Account Details.
- Fill in the Your role field to let people know what you are responsible for.
- Fill in the Introduction field to let people know what you can help them with.
Configure email integrations
Integrating an email address with your account in Synerise allows you to receive system notifications by email. Providing this information is not obligatory.
In order to configure the email integration, go to Settings > Account Details.
- Choose an email provider. The system suggests Gmail, but you can choose any other provider by clicking other.
- Follow the instructions and provide the email log-in data:
- If you choose Gmail as the provider, it is necessary to provide the email address, password, and SMTP type. You can also choose between SSL and TSL. The difference between those protocols is minor and mainly technical. TLS uses stronger encryption algorithms and can work on different ports. It's designed to provide communications security over a computer network. The SSL protocol was created to transmit information privately, guarantee the server identity and ensure message integrity.
- If you chose an email provider other than Gmail, you have to additionally fill in the IMAP server, SMTP server, and relevant ports fields.
- Once you've filled all the fields, select the date from which the synchronization should take place. In order to do this, click on the calendar icon at the end of the Sync from field, and select a date.
1. Does the photo uploaded to the user account have to be a personal type of photo?
Definitely not. You can upload any photo or avatar (provided it is of the required size). The photo is supposed to make it easier for you and your co-workers to recognize you in Synerise, so we suggest uploading an identifiable image. However, if you do not want to upload it - it is not necessary.