In this section, users can define the global limit of sent messages to a customer (emails, text messages, and web push notifications) in a given period. This way users can prevent sending more messages than their customers can handle or tolerate.
In Synerise, messages can be sent in:
- mass campaigns (the Campaign module)
- journeys triggered by customer’s behavior (the Automation module),
Therefore the Campaign limits section is divided into two parts: Campaign and Automation. Such division allows users to define the limit of messages to be sent separately for the Campaign module and Automation module.
Messages sent in mass campaigns, which are blocked by capping are not queued. In such cases, on the list of campaigns, users can check the number of messages blocked by capping and they need to be resent by users, if necessary.
When it comes to messages sent through automated journeys, blocked messages can be sent out again only if a customer meets conditions defined in a particular journey.
Global limits vs. Automation limits
The Automation module defines its own limits:
- how many times a journey can be triggered in a specific time unit
- how many times a trigger can be activated in a journey
- how many times an action can be repeated in a journey
While defining the global limits (limits in the Campaign limits section), users must remember about the limits for journeys in Automation and the other way round. Otherwise there may occur conflicts between them.
- Keep track of the active journeys and carefully estimate the number of sent messages through them (in your calculations include both campaign and system emails such as transaction summary, discount coupon emails, if you use Automation to send such emails).
- Pay attention to journeys triggered by frequently occurring customer activities, which contain actions that sent messages to customers.
- Consult each modification of limit of action nodes (Send email, Send SMS, Send web push) with the global limits.
- Go to Settings > Campaign limits.
- By default, there are no limits on sending messages. To define a specific limit, switch a toggle on.
Result: Two fields appear.
- In the Limit section enter the maximum number of messages you want to send to a customer within time unit specified in the Period field.
- In the Period field enter the time unit of the limit (number and unit, for example 1d which stands for 1 day). The users can define limits in the following intervals:
sstands for a second
mstands for a minute
dstands for a day
wstands for a week
ystands for a yearExemplary configurations
- Repeat step 3 and 4 for preferable message types in Campaigs and Automations.
- Confirm settings by clicking Save.