Send Email node
This action enables an automated way of sending emails to customers in response to the circumstances preceeding this node.
- Add an email account which you use to send email alerts (and emails in general).
- Define an email provider. You can use your own SMTP server or use our default providers.
- To make sure your email is delivered to appropriate folder in a mailbox, add a record to SPF, DKIM and DMARC.
- Create an email template.
More details about the procedures listed above are available here.
- Click the pencil icon on the node.
- From the Template dropdown list, select the email template.
- In the Subject field, enter a subject for the email.
- To impose a limit on the action, switch the Action limit toggle. Enter a number and from the dropdown list, select the time unit. You can define how many times this action can be executed for the whole automation process (journey), or you can define how many times per second/minute/hour/day/week/month can be executed.
you want to monitor the entries into this step, switch the Track datapoints toggle on. As a result, they will be displayed on the client card as an event (
automation.clientPathStep) and you can use these events to create any analysis in the Analytics module.
- If you want to send this email regardless of the marketing consent, select the checkbox (not recommended).
- Confirm by clicking Apply.
Example of use
The purpose of the scenario is to control the number of vouchers granted to users who spend over 100$ in an online shop. If the number of vouchers is exceeded, future customers who spend more than 100$ get an email with information that the promotion has finished.
- The scenario starts with a Client Event trigger in which a transaction amount is defined at over 100$.
- The Metric Filter contains a metric that counts the number of emails with a discount code. The critical value entered in the condition is 1000.
- When the customer makes a purchase:
- If the value defined in the condition is not exceeded, the customer follows the path in which the email with voucher code is sent.
- If the value defined in the condition is exceeded, the customer receives an email with information that the voucher pool just run out.
- When an email is sent, the process is completed.