A tracking code allows you to track the behavior and activity of the users of your website. Its correct implementation is necessary to start working with Synerise.
Implement Tracking codes
In order to implement Tracking codes, go to Settings > Tracking Codes.
In the tracking codes section you are able to manage the current codes, add new ones and remove those which you no longer need.
- In the upper-right corner you will find a blue button that lets you create a new Tracking code. You can also search for any chosen tracking code using the search box marked with a magnifying glass placed on the left of the button.
- Below the search box, you will see the number of currently uploaded tracking codes. You can also change the way they are sorted on the list - either by domain name or date of creation.
Add new tracking code
To start working with the Synerise platform, you need to implement a tracking code on your website. By doing so, you will gain the ability to track the activity on the site, and get the first relevant information about your customers.
- Fill in the domain name field and click “Save” to create a new code. The domain name needs to be a valid URL, so remember about the
- Copy the script code by clicking Copy to dashboard and pasting it into the code of each sub-page on your website before the
</body>tag. You can also start monitoring activities by inserting the tracking code using the Google Tag Manager.
Remove tracking code
You can remove Tracking codes from the system at any time. Below you will find a description of how to do it.
- Choose the code you want to remove from your company platform. Hover over the three dots icon to the right of the domain name to reveal the remove button. When you press it, a pop-up will be displayed, asking for confirmation and warning that the action cannot be undone. If you are sure you want to remove the code, simply confirm your choice.
Blacklisting and whitelisting events
You can use the Blacklist/Whitelist feature to either accept or reject specific events sent by your website.
- Click the code for which you want to define the blacklist and/or whitelist.
The code configuration page opens.
- In the Actions whitelist and Action blacklist fields, enter the event names.
Note: You may use predefined action labels, such as
form.submit; or any custom actions that your organization implemented.
Whitelisting allows you to control exactly which events are accepted.