Web push notifications
Web push notifications allow you to maintain communication with customers through a web browser. The unobtrusive character of web push notifications will keep your message away from spam folders or ad blocking software. The notifications will always be displayed to users who have agreed to receive them.
- Good way of increasing the number of your subscribers - users more eagerly agree to receive web push notifications rather than share their email address.
- Great deliverability in real time
- Good engaging results as directing traffic to a particular URL is only one click away
- Good way to increase the traffic (for example, with a catchy notification title)
- Good way to increase conversion as users can subsrcibe to web push notification to be informed about the product availability or discounts
- The possibility of personalizing content of notifications by using Jinjava variables (such as the first name of the user, the number of collected loyalty points, and so on).
Anatomy of web pushes
A web push notification consists of a title, short message, an icon, and a URL. Optionally, it can contain an image as well.
How it works
After you configure web push notifications, a browser user receives a request from the browser to receive web push notifications (also called an agreement form). If a user agrees, then you can send web push notifications to this user and they are received only when a user opens a browser before the web push notification expires.
In Synerise, you can:
- use the browser’s agreement form (one step form)
- use your own agreement form (first your own customized agreement form and then the browser’s agreement form)
Examples of use
- You can send a web push to remind a user about the products from the abandoned cart.
- You can send a targeted campaign for a specific segment of customers (for example, parents).
- Integrate with Synerise via JS SDK
- Create an account in Firebase
- Integrate Firebase with Synerise
- Enable web push notifications in Synerise
- Prepare an agreement form
Creating web push campaign flow
- Define the recipients of the campaign.
- Prepare the content of the campaign (web push templates).
- Schedule the campaign.
- Define the UTM parameters.
Web push notifications are sent through campaigns in two ways:
- Automatically by using the Automation module. In response to customer activity, update of client data, or other events (check the list of triggers that start an automated journey), a web push notification can be sent to customers.
- Manually by clicking the Send button while creating campaigns.
Introduction to web push
Learn how you can benefit from web push campaigns
Configuring web push notifications
To start sending web push campaigns to your customers, you must configure the sending mechanisms
One step agreement form
Configure a default browser agreement form to receive web push notifications
Creating web push templates
Once you configured web push module and agreement form, you can prepare a web push template
Creating web push campaigns
After you prepared a web push template, you can use it in a campaign and send it to your customers