Configuring web push notifications
Before you create and send your first web push notification, you must:
- integrate with Synerise via JS SDK,
- create a Firebase account and integrate it with Synerise to start collecting web push agreements on your website.
- enable web push notifications in Synerise
Web push notifications will be shown to a visitor, who agreed to receive web push notifications, according to the settings. The following web push related events are collected by default:
webpush.subscribe- a visitor has agreed to receive web push notifications
webpush.subscribeBlock- a visitor hasn’t agreed to receive web push notifications
webpush.subscribeDiscard- a visitor closed an agreement form (there is a possibility that the visitor will subscribe in the future)
webpush.send- a web push notification was sent
webpush.show- a web push notification was displayed
webpush.click- a visitor clicked a web push notification
webpush.notRegistered- a web push notification wasn’t sent due to an invalid token
- You must be granted user permissions to access the Settings module.
- Your site must fully support HTTPS.
- Your site must redirect all
- Integrate with Synerise via Synerise JS SDK (make sure your tracking code covers web push notifications).
Integrate Firebase with Synerise
The full procedure of Integrating Firebase with Synerise is available here.
Enable web push notifications in Synerise
- Go to Settings > Web push.
- Switch the Enable Web-Push toggle on.
Result: The Instruction section appears.
- Follow the commands on the interface (from 1-3).
Tip: The file should be available under the site root with the same filename, for example:
example.com/snr-sw.js. Example for a subfolder:
If you choose other directory than the root, to properly use the service worker you must declare the
Service-Worker-Allowed: /header. In case you use a different worker, you can add
snr-sw.jscontents to your worker file and rename it to
- In the Path to service worker field, enter the path.
- Optionally, to enable web push subscription control on your website, switch the Web-push notification center. toggle on.
WARNING: The Advanced notification center display settings toggle that appears is currently unused.
- Confirm by clicking Save.
Result: The configuration is completed. The next step is to prepare web push agreement forms.
- Make sure the web push notification doesn’t contain errors.
- In case there are any inserts used in the template, make sure that the item of information you want to display using an insert is available on the customer cards of the recipients. For example, if you want to mention the recipient’s city name in the template, check if all recipients have the name of the city in the customer’s card, otherwise, this insert will not display.
- If a web push is displayed differently than expected, check how the specific browser, operating system, or device handles web pushes.
- If the web push notification is created correctly, go to your website.
- Open the console.
- Search for
- If there is the
disableWebPushparameter, contact your developers to remove it.