Configure mobile campaigns
Mobile Campaigns are all mobile promotions you can display in a mobile application. Synerise enables you to create different types of mobile campaigns. The number of people with smartphones is still growing and so is the amount of time we spend using them. Mobile campaigns also give you the possibility to use geo-targeting for your messages. All you need is a mobile app integrated with the Synerise platform.
Before you start…
Remember that before you start using mobile campaigns you need to have your own mobile app first.
The SDK is a set of tools for programmers necessary to create applications that use the data library for operating systems. The SDK usually includes documentation, source code examples, and library data. SDK integrations enables connection with the login module - you can log in either via Facebook or via data entered by the user to set up an account (email or phone number). Thanks to the password management module, the user can set a new password at any time or recall an old one (via SMS or email).
Mobile SDK enables targeting marketing campaigns using various marketing automation tools:
- Mobile inserts,
- AB tests,
- Targeted banners within the application for specific customer segments.
If you want to read more about you can find more information at Synerise SDK
Mobile campaign dashboard
In the Mobile Campaign overview, you can find a complete list of your campaigns and a summary for each one. In order to see the campaign overviews, go to Campaigns > Mobile.
From there you can manage your Mobile campaigns. Below you can find information about all elements which can be helpful in managing this channel. This module is divided into 4 sections:
- Mobile Campaign dashboard.
In the Filters section, you can filter campaigns based on their status and time when they were created. You can filter them based on a few conditions:
- Recent - see the list of the most recently sent campaigns,
- Draft - see the list of mobile templates,
- Scheduled - see the list of scheduled campaigns,
- Active - see the list of all currently active campaigns,
- Paused - see the list of all paused campaigns,
- Inactive see the list of all inactive (finished) campaigns,
In the Templates section, you can find templates that you can use in your campaigns,
The Folder section allows you to add folders to groups and organize campaigns,
In the Mobile campaign dashboard, you will find all data connected with campaign statistics. On the left side you can see campaign statuses (how many of them are active/scheduled/paused), and on the right side you will find statistics from the last 24 hours (number of messages sent, OR and CTR).
- You can also add specific campaigns to a folder. Just click on the chosen campaign,
- Then, choose the Move to option visible on the blue bar.
Create a new mobile campaign
Synerise enables you to create different types of mobile campaigns. All you need is a mobile app integrated with the Synerise platform. In order to set up a mobile campaign, go to Campaigns > Mobile.
First of all, you should click the create campaign button in the upper right side of the screen.
- Add the campaign name. Optionally you can add there also its description,
- Choose the type of campaign. Right now, Synerise allows you to choose from among six types of mobile campaigns: Simple push, Silent push, Banner, Walkthrough, First run message, Mandatory upgrade.
Send mobile campaigns
There a couple of ways to send email campaigns in Synerise. In this part we will show you the methods available, including:
- Manually, from the Campaigns mode
- Using the Automation mode (possible only for Mobile push campaigns)
If you want to send a campaign to a predefined group of contacts or an entire database, you can do so manually from the Campaigns Panel.
You can manually start your campaign directly in the Campaign Creator after creating your template and adjusting all settings. In order to send a mobile campaign, go to Campaigns > Mobile.
Choose the type of your mobile campaign:
After creating a template, click the Send button on the upper right side.
- When your message is saved as a draft you have to find it on the list in CAMPAIGNS → MOBILE and click on it,
- If all the boxes are filled, you can click Send.
Automation of mobile campaigns, based on behavioral data about the customer, saves the marketer’s time while increasing the efficiency of campaign delivery. Synerise allows you to send mobile campaigns automatically using the Automation module. Remember to use this solution when you want to send or display your mobile communication only to people who meet specific conditions described in the customer journey.
In order to use automation for mobile campaigns, go to Automation > Journeys > New journey
You can create a mobile campaign in just two steps:
- Set the automation,
- Save and/or run the campaign.
Use campaign analytics
Mobile campaign analytics let you analyze the results achieved within individual campaigns. Thanks to them you are able to compare and analyze data from each source in real time, gather information about their effectiveness and track the areas that are most important to you.
This lets you optimize the sending time of campaigns, analyze the behavioral and transactional data collected about the user in the system and personalize their content.
In order to check the analytics, go to Campaigns > Mobile.
Above the list of campaigns you can find a dashboard with general data about all campaigns.
- On the left side you can see the campaign statuses (how many of them are active/scheduled/paused), and on the right side you see statistics from the last 24 hours,
- You can also check the statistics from every campaign. To do this, just double click on the campaign.
In the Audience box, you can find all important statistics from a campaign.
- Total Audience, total number of users in a selected segment,
- Estimated reach, the number of users to which the campaign was sent. The number can sometimes be different from the total audience because not everyone from your audience can meet conditions necessary to receive the mobile campaigns (having an app, consent for mobile marketing etc.),
- Information about whether the audience filter is on,
- Information if the batch delivery option is active. If yes, below you will find info on how many batches your campaign was sent in.