Configure mobile notifications
Mobile notifications are all mobile promotions you can display in a mobile application. Synerise enables you to create different types of mobile notifications. The number of people with smartphones is still growing and so is the amount of time we spend using them. Mobile notifications also give you the possibility to use geo-targeting for your messages. All you need is a mobile app integrated with the Synerise platform.
Before you start…
Remember that before you start using mobile notifications you need to have your own mobile app first.
The SDK is a set of tools for programmers necessary to create applications that use the data library for operating systems. The SDK usually includes documentation, source code examples, and library data. SDK integrations enables connection with the login module - you can log in either via Facebook or via data entered by the user to set up an account (email or phone number). Thanks to the password management module, the user can set a new password at any time or recall an old one (via SMS or email).
Mobile SDK enables targeting marketing notifications using various marketing automation tools:
- Mobile inserts,
- AB tests,
- Targeted banners within the application for specific customer segments.
If you want to read more about you can find more information at Synerise SDK
In the Mobile overview, you can find a complete list of your notifications and a summary for each one. In order to see the notification overviews, go to Communication > Mobile.
From there you can manage your Mobile notifications. Below you can find information about all elements which can be helpful in managing this channel. This module is divided into 4 sections:
- Mobile dashboard.
In the Filters section, you can filter notifications based on their status and time when they were created. You can filter them based on a few conditions:
- All - see the list of all notifications,
- Recent - see the list of the most recently sent notifications,
- Draft - see the list of mobile templates,
- Scheduled - see the list of scheduled notifications,
- Finished see the list of all sent notifications,
In the Templates section, you can find templates that you can use in your notifications,
The Folder section allows you to add folders to groups and organize notifications,
In the Mobile dashboard, you will find all data connected with notification statistics. On the left side you can see notification statuses (how many of them are active/scheduled/paused), and on the right side you will find statistics from the last 24 hours (number of messages sent, OR and CTR).
- You can also add specific notifications to a folder. Click on the chosen notification.
- Then, choose the Move to option visible on the blue bar.
Create a new mobile notification
Synerise enables you to create different types of mobile notifications. All you need is a mobile app integrated with the Synerise platform. In order to set up a mobile notification, go to Communication > Mobile.
First of all, click the create new button in the upper right side of the screen.
- Enter the name. Optionally you can add there also its description,
- Choose the type of notification. Right now, Synerise allows you to choose from among six types of mobile notifications: Simple push, Silent push, Banner, Walkthrough, First run message, Mandatory upgrade.
Send mobile notifications
There are a couple of ways to send mobile notifications in Synerise. In this part we will show you the methods available, including:
- Manually, from the Communication module
- Using the Automation module (through Send mobile push)
If you want to send a notification to a predefined group of customers or an entire database, you can do so manually from the Communications module.
You can manually send your notifications directly in the Communication module after creating your template and adjusting all settings. In order to send a mobile notification, go to Communication > Mobile.
Choose the type of your mobile notification:
After creating a template, click the Send button on the upper right side.
- When your message is saved as a draft you have to find it on the list in Communication > Mobile and click on it,
- If all the boxes are filled, you can click Send.
Automation of mobile notifications, based on behavioral data about the customer, saves the marketer’s time while increasing the efficiency of notification delivery. Synerise allows you to send mobile notifications automatically using the Automation module. Remember to use this solution when you want to send or display your mobile communication only to people who meet specific conditions described in the customer workflow.
In order to use automation for mobile notifications, go to Automation > Workflows > New workflow
You can create a mobile notification in just two steps:
- Set the automation,
- Save and/or run the no.
Use notification analytics
Mobile notification analytics let you analyze the results achieved within individual notification. Thanks to them you are able to compare and analyze data from each source in real time, gather information about their effectiveness and track the areas that are most important to you.
This lets you optimize the sending time of notifications, analyze the behavioral and transactional data collected about the user in the system and personalize their content.
In order to check the analytics, go to Communication > Mobile.
Above the list of notifications you can find a dashboard with general data about all notifications.
- On the left side you can see the notification statuses (how many of them are active/scheduled/paused), and on the right side you see statistics from the last 24 hours,
- You can also check the statistics from every notification. To do this, just double click on the notification.
In the Audience box, you can find all important statistics from a notification.
- Total Audience, total number of users in a selected segment,
- Estimated reach, the number of users to which the notification was sent. The number can sometimes be different from the total audience because not everyone from your audience can meet conditions necessary to receive the mobile notification (having an app, consent for mobile marketing etc.),
- Information about whether the selected segments to see the group of customers selected as the recipients of the notification,